CHAPTER 13

A few days passed by Shivani joined the same college due to admission issues on the recommendation of Noor Jahan. Haseena was trying her level to prove that Karishma likes her. Most of the time they spent together but Karishma didn't even show a tinge of likeness or affection towards her but she used to tease her to the last extent whenever they were alone. Neither of both were ready to give up on the challenge. More than the challenge, they both began to enjoy the time they spent together with the playful romance. At the same time, Karishma began to get insecure because of Shivani while Haseena was still trying to defeat Karishma's challenge and prove that Karishma loves her.

In the quiet classroom, Haseena anxiously watched the clock, her concern growing with each passing minute. "It's almost nine... Karu abhi tak nai aayi. She is never so late," she whispered to herself.

Suddenly, the professor's chalk flew through the air, snapping her back to reality. "Come out of your dreamland!" he scolded, interrupting her worry.

Before Haseena could respond, her phone buzzed, and Karishma's name flashed on the screen. Answering quickly, she heard the watchman's voice on the other end, delivering unexpected news. "Main watchman bol raha ho. Ye ladki ka accident hogaya hai. Aap ko call karne ke liye kaha hai. Aap jaldi gate ke pas aaiye."

Shock gripped Haseena as she abandoned her belongings and raced towards the college gate. There, she found Karishma sitting, her ankle visibly injured, surrounded by concerned students and professors.

"Karishma!" Haseena exclaimed, rushing to her side and held by her shoulder. "Are you okay? Kaise hua ye sab?"

Karishma winced in pain,"Bahut dard ho raha hai...." Haseena knelt down, gently holding her friend's ankle, but a sharp cry interrupted their conversation. "Hasu... Nai!", She exclaimed, pain etched on her face.

Worry lines creased Haseena's forehead,"Let's get you to the hospital."

A professor interjected,"It's not so serious. Just an ankle twist and muscle pain because of which her ankle is swollen."

Determined, Haseena insisted,"Even so, let's get you checked. I can't see her in pain. Kuch serious hogaya toh? Karu uthne ki koshish karo."

As Haseena spoke, her words carried an earnest warmth that had the power to momentarily erase the sharp edges of Karishma's physical pain. In that fleeting moment, Karishma's focus shifted from the ache in her ankle and other injuries to the genuine care reflected in Haseena's eyes. It was as if Haseena's words had created a home, a place where pain took a backseat to the comfort of knowing she was cared for which faded away the world around her.

In contrast, Haseena's distress was evident in the furrow of her brows and the anxious lines etched on her face. Seeing Karishma, someone she held dear, wince in pain was a source of deep concern for Haseena. The helplessness of not being able to alleviate Karishma's discomfort weighed heavily on her, adding a layer of emotional stress to her already tense demeanor.

Haseena's care became a shield, momentarily shielding Karishma from the physical distress. Simultaneously, Haseena's stress hinted at the depth of their connection, highlighting the emotional investment she had in Karishma's well-being.

Haseena words gave Karishma strength to try but she failed and winches in extreme pain holding Haseena's hand tight,"Aah!! Hum nai uth sakte."

Haseena tried to help her,"Hum help karte hai. You can do it."

Karishma winces in pain,"Nai... Hum se nai hoga."

Hearing Karishma's cry, Haseena worries increased. "Okay... Sweetheart wait here. Hum abhi gaadi lekar aate hai. We need to go to the hospital."