CHAPTER 18

Surprise update!
Write ka mood bahut acha hai kyuki finally aaj exams khatam hue. Silent readers se gurazish hai ki aap aise chup na rahe. 🫂❤️

********************************

Entering the office with an air of determination, Haseena, accompanied by Karishma, strode through the bustling corridors, garnering attention from employees and curious glances. As they reached the conference room, the atmosphere shifted. The room echoed with hushed discussions as officials, already seated, awaited Haseena's arrival. The expressions on their faces were a mix of impatience and disapproval. Haseena, maintaining her composure, stood behind her seat at the head of the table, with Karishma by her side on Shivani seat.

"Mrs. Haseena, we've been waiting for a while now!", stated one of the state officials, his expression a mix of seriousness and anger.

In response, Haseena calmly retrieved her pistol, placing it on the table with a deliberate motion. "Please, continue with what you were saying."

The room fell into a stunned silence as hushed voices abruptly ceased, and new members exchanged fearful glances. Even Karishma, attending such an important meeting for the first time, couldn't hide her disapproval of Haseena's unconventional behavior.

The state official hesitated, visibly swallowing as his eyes darted nervously toward the pistol. "Nai... Main yehi bol raha tha ki news ki wajah se aap ki company affect ho rahi hai. Hume central government ko bhi report send karna hota hai. I hope you understand."

Haseena's response was a smirking nod. "Good. Board director, I have an important announcement to make. State officials, hold on for a minute. Sorry for the inconvenience."

A director, somewhat apprehensive, gave a hesitant, "Yes, ma'am, go ahead."

Haseena, hands casually in pockets, began to unfold the unexpected revelation. "I'm sorry to inform you that Shivani Parwar has slipped into a coma a few days back... Due to Shivani's prolonged medical condition, we need to hire someone else for her position."

Another director chimed in, a tone of disbelief in his voice, "Par Mrs. Haseena hume resignation letter chahiye Shivani ma'am se, aur immediate medical grounds par bhi hum kuch nai kar sakte."

Riya, standing near Haseena, passed a file containing Shivani's resignation letter. Haseena opened it and presented the document with Shivani's signature. The shock rippled through the room; how could someone in a coma draft and sign a letter? Karishma, a silent observer, looked at Haseena, her expression a mix of confusion and surprise.

Karishma finally spoke up, her voice betraying her shock, "Haseena, ye kaise possible hai?"

"She already resigned before her heart-breaking attack," Haseena informed everyone with an air of finality. "Aur humne Karishma Singh ko choose kiya hai, Shivani ki position par."

Karishma, still grappling with the sudden turn of events, uttered in shock, "What? Haseena, we need to talk."

Haseena calmly replied, "Relax, I have chosen you, and it's final."

A director, interjecting with caution, pointed out, "Ma'am, we don't question you. Ek formal voting process karna padega. Aur iske liye toh Noor Jahan ma'am aur Mallik sir ka hona zaroori hai."

Acknowledging the necessity, Haseena responded, "Hum jante hai." She promptly video-called Noor Jahan, "Mumma, I'm here. Aap aur nanu vote de dijiye."

Noor Jahan cast her vote, and so did Mehboob. After concluding the call, the remaining directors of the company, seemingly trusting Haseena's decision and more of the fear of her, cast their votes without questioning, promptly announcing Karishma as the new director of the automobile company. Karishma, grappling with the sudden turn of events, couldn't understand the speed at which decisions were made, especially without anyone questioning Haseena's authority.