CHAPTER 15

The car smoothly parked in front of the opulent villa entrance. Lost in her thoughts, Haseena entered without much notice of the receptionist's greetings. Walking through the living area, she sensed the absence of Shivani's parents, likely at the hospital. The emptiness without Shivani engulfed her, the expansive walls seemingly closing in. Noor Jahan couldn't be in Lucknow due to her father's health but stayed updated with Haseena's messages.

Meanwhile, at Karishma's home, a cheerful atmosphere filled the air. Pushpa and her grandkids enjoyed dinner, blissfully unaware of the imminent storm about to hit the family. Karishma entered, contemplating how to navigate the upcoming situation.

"Karishma kahan thi subah se? Aaj toh Sunday hai? Kuch bataya bhi nai?" Pushpa inquired with concern.

Tired, Karishma responded,"Kuch nai Amma... Humari ek dost ki tabiyat kharab thi toh uske pas gaye the," settling beside the kids.

Cheetah's daughter approached Karishma with her toy, excitedly saying,"Bua aap ko pata hai papa ne hume new toy dilaya hai."

Barbie interjected, emerging from the kitchen,"Beta wo ghar mein rahengi toh pata hoga na. Din bhar toh bahar rehti hai. Na unhe tumare papa ki khabar hai na bade papa ki."

Karishma sighed and said,"Bhabhi... Please! Abhi thak kar ghar aaye hai, shuru mat ho jaana aap. Aur bhagwan ne aakhon ke saath-saath akal bhi di hai. Agar aap ko ye dekhta hai ki hum ghar par rehte toh ye bhi samhjna chahiye aap ke pyare prabhu parmeshwar chote baache nai ki hume unka khayal rakhna padega. Waise bhi aa hi jayenge kuch der mein. Unki duty jo khatam hogayi."

Santu chimed in with a smile,"Karu didi... Cheetah ki aaj night duty hai. Aap ko pata nai toh kya hua. Main ho na aap ko batane ke liye."

Lost in contemplation, Karishma said,"Toh bula lo usse..."

Confused, santu confirmed again,"Ji?"

Karishma, realizing her words, corrected it."Humara matlab hai ki aaj toh uski holiday hoti hai."

Santu informed her,"Nai didi... Monday hoti hai."

Dev entered the house running, panting heavily, and exclaimed,"News channel daalo!"

Karishma and Pushpa rushed towards Dev, supporting him, while Santu quickly switched on the TV, and Barbie hurried to pour a glass of water.

"Papa kya hua? Aap theek hai na?" Karishma acted unaware.

Pushpa asked with a worried face,"Aisa kya aa raha hai TV par? Aur uske liye aap itna bhaagte hue kyu aaye?"

Dev broke the news with tears flowing down,"Anu ko kisi ne maar diya...! Usse sab deshdrohi bol rahe hai. Uske laash mili hai headquarters se kuch duri par..."

Everyone was stunned except for Karishma. The glass in Barbie's hand slipped and broke while his kids were disheartened with the demise of their father. Pushpa sat, unwilling to believe it. Karishma observed her family's reactions. Dev sat on the couch, looking at the news. Karishma moved towards her mother and tried to console her.

Others watched the news attentively, and at the same time, Cheetah entered the house to inform the same, but it was already on the TV. Realizing the gravity of the situation, Karishma took the kids into a room and returned to the living hall.

"Hum isse pe vishwas nai... Anu aisa kar hi nai sakte," Barbie said in disbelief, crying.

Pushpa cried, agreeing with her daughter-in-law,"Barbie ek dum sahi bol rahi hai... Anu aisa kar hi nai sakta... Humari aisi parvarish nai."

Santu acknowledged Cheetah's presence and moved to him,"Cheetah kya hai ye sab? Aap ko kuch pata hai? Kisne itni berehmi se Anu bhaiya ko..."

Cheetah said with moist eyes,"Hum bhi utna hi pata hai jitna aap logo ko. Body hume autopsy ki baad hi milegi. Investigation shuru hogayi hai. Abhi DSP sir ne hume itna hi bataya..."