two

It is definitely not nice to hear those warm, piercing, sharp sounds— back from a hectic work!

Karina groans angrily under her blanket. She just got back from a freaking nine hours shift, and there her neighbor is. Playing her guitar like usual at twelve in the morning on the balcony for freaking four days straight!

Karina thought she could cope with it. The second day she got back from her work since her new neighbor just moved in, she was shocked by the fact that her neighbor was still playing the guitar again that day.

But it is more shocking that she is doing that for four days straight!

In need of peaceful sleep and energy recharge, Karina plunges her ears with her winter's earmuffs. It helps a bit, but not that much. After a few minutes of trying to put herself to sleep, she groans once again that her plan failed miserably.

She then put on her noise-canceling headphones, and she guessed, this one was better.

"I swear to god, if she keeps playing her guitar at this freaky hour again for one week straight, I'll kick her ass!", Karina shut her eyes angrily as she fixed her blanket on her body.

*****

When Karina arrived at the hospital the next day, Aeri saw how grumpy her friends became as soon as they entered the locker room to change their clothes into their nurse uniforms.

"What's wrong? Fighting with Jeno?", Aeri asked as she pulled off her shirt. The taller girl immediately shakes her head, denying it.

"Then, what? Your expression looks bad, Rina".

"Oh god, Aeri. I swear to god, I want to kick her ass so bad!", Karina groan as she slipped in her uniform onto her body.

"It's a her?", Aeri asked.

"My new neighbor! She keeps strumming her guitar every single day on the balcony at twelve every single night! How am I supposed to sleep?", Karina rolled her eyes in annoyance before her friend walked closer and cupped both her hands on Karina's cheeks.

"Well, that explained how visible your dark circle is today", Aeri giggles before the taller girl swats her hand away.

"That's ain't funny, Aeri", Karina chuckled. The Japanese scoffed back at the taller before she closed her locker shut, throwing another question.

"So, your new neighbor is a girl. What does she look like?"

"Ginger-coloured hair, short. I couldn't see her face. She didn't open the lights on her balcony every single time", Karina sighed as she closed her own locker.

"Awh. Pity you. I thought you might be interested if she's a beauty. Or maybe, a cutie. Or maybe, a hottie—"

"Aeri!", Karina cuts her friend's words. "I have a boyfriend. I have Jeno. Why did you spurt out all of this nonsense?", Karina lifted one of her brows as she tied her long hair up into a ponytail, still looking at Aeri with a confused expression.

"Jeno was there, in America for two years, Rina. Two years. He didn't even give you a single picture of him since a year ago. All you could do is scrolling down his pictures on his Instagram, and did you think that he couldn't have cheated on you for someone else there?", Aeri said as both of them exited the locker room, walking back towards their nurse counter.

"Jeno wouldn't do such things, Aeri. I believe in him", Karina replied back as she sat down on the chair behind the counter.

"I swear to god, since the day you guys started dating, I couldn't help myself to think that he's such a red flag", Aeri sneered. "I just worried about you, and I'm sorry I still couldn't believe him that much".