fourteen

Karina's lips were soft and warm against Winter's, she couldn't deny it. The way she could taste the sweetness of the other girl's breath hitting her skin, and how breathtaking every movement was. For a moment, nothing else existed but the two of them, lost in the intensity of the moment.

It took almost one minute for Winter to come back to her senses.

"Oh, god— I'm sorry— I need to leave—", Winter panicked as she pushed Karina lightly, took her black guitar on the floor before she stood up, rushing towards the nurse's front door.

Karina still processing what just happened inside her mind, unable to react at all.

When the loud bang on the door is heard and Winter totally disappears from Karina's apartment, she blinks her eyes a few times. Trembling fingers slowly traced her lips, touching the skin softly as the memories keeps repeating inside her head.

"We just... kissed...", she said with her low voice.

"Oh my god, we just kissed!", she repeats.

Winter, at the same time, getting onto her bed after she abandoned her guitar right in front of her shoe rack. Rolling and screaming into her pillow is the most sane thing she could do right now.

This is embarrassing, she thought inside her mind.

Embarrassing, but she didn't hate it.

*****

The next day, instead of following her usual shift that should start at 2 in the evening, Karina came as early as 10 in the morning. The reason? Simple. To meet Aeri and ask for help, or probably asking for advice (since her friend got a girlfriend).

"Holly molly! You guys did what?!", Aeri's hands both on the air from the extreme shock. "I was at your apartment for a brief last night and now you told me that you guys kissed after that when I wasn't there to watch?"

Karina swear to god, that she wanted to slap Aeri's loud mouth since they were at the hospital. But, gladly there isn't anybody around. When Karina roams her eyes again, she can only see Irene about ten meters away from them. Green light.

"Shut up! Irene might hear us", Karina said in her low deep voice.

"Hah! You're blushing right now", the Japanese laughed when she saw the rosy cheeks on Karina's face. "So, tell me. It is official?"

"N-No", Karina shaking her head. "I think she has feelings for me. She wrote me a song, take care of me while I'm sick, and now she kissed me. What should I do now?", the nurse said as she put down the checklist form inside her hand.

"The question now is... do you have feelings for her?", Aeri lifted up her eyebrows.

The question was a bit hard for the nurse to answer. Did she? Let's see. When Winter is around, she feels butterflies in her stomach and her heart beats two times faster. Okay, probably three times faster.

Every time she heard Winter singing while playing the guitar, she smiled in joy, enjoying the sweet tones of Winter's voice. Karina is down deep for that voice, not gonna lie.

"I guess, I am?", Karina smiled awkwardly. "Enough of your quizzes. I know you would say that I am in love with her indeed without me answering that question. Now, tell me. What should I do?"

Aeri smiled teasingly, tapping her feet happily as she put her hands in her pocket. "I never thought Karina Yu would ask me for a girlfriend's advice. Well, I am amazed", she laughs.

"Just tell me what should I do!"

"Fine-fine. So impatient", Aeri rolled her eyes, "Ask her out".

"That's it?", Karina asked in confusion.