seventeen

Even with Winter's effort trying not to break the fourth glass this week, that night she did it again, and gladly, Karina was there with her when it happened.

"Winter! You stay there, and don't move!", Karina said towards her girlfriend, who is now squatting on the floor with shattered glass around her feet, crying.

She wasn't purposely holding the plate. She just wanted to move the dried plates from the sink back into the shelf when the pain suddenly hit her hard.

Winter does cries sometimes. The pain makes her cry, and Karina witnessed that a few times that sometimes she followed along too when things got overwhelming.

Karina quickly clean the shattered glass around Winter's feet, just enough to let the shorter girl came out from that painful territory before she pulled her out, putting her on the dining chair as she hug the shorter girl for comfort.

"It's okay, Winter. It will soon go away, hush now", Karina said, tapping the back of Winter's body gently with her hand.

The whines from Winter's crying break her heart, "It's hurt, Rina", she whine between her grunting. Hands clutching together, holding the pain in while her teeth gritted.

Karina quickly pulled away and wiped the tears on Winter's cheek, "I know, Winter. I know", she smiled apologetically. "You'll be at the hospital tomorrow, remember? Your pain will go away soon, Winter. Please stay strong a bit more".

Karina's thumbs on Winter's cheek is busy, wiping the tears that keep coming down before she runs towards that certain shelf to take that specific pain reliever pills. She put two pills into her palm before she rushed towards the shorter girl.

Winter quickly gulped down the pills down her throat with Karina's help. "I'm sorry...", her voice trembles along her fingers as Karina pulls away the cup of water from her girlfriend's mouth. "I'm so sorry...".

"It's okay, Winter", Karina hushed her again as she pulled Winter into another warm hug, patting Winter's back for comfort.

"It's gonna be fine..."

*****

Karina woke up the next morning, putting the passcode on Winter's door as she cooked breakfast for the shorter girl like usual. Soon, Winter woke up by the utensils sounds from her kitchen, realizing that it was only her girlfriend next door serving her another breakfast with her beautiful smile.

Karina late helped Winter pack up her things into that small duffle bag, just enough for two or three days at the hospital. Winter was a bit hesitant when the nurse saw her lingeries inside her wardrobe, but between the shy blush on both of their cheeks, they kept packing.

Clock shows it's almost 12 in the afternoon, and Karina needs to leave for work. Even tho Winter's admission started at 2, the shorter girl insisted on following her girlfriend, which Karina gladly agreed.

"Why? Are you afraid?", Karina asked as they walked together towards the elevator before Winter slowly interwined her fingers with the girl beside her, "A bit...".

A bit startled by the cute gesture, Karina slowly leaned in to leave a peck on the shorter girl's cheek, "It's going to be fine, Winter. Trust me", Karina smiled. "And you know, when you are bored, you can come and visit me, or you could just call me. I'll come to your room as soon as I can. Okay?".

"Okay", Winter smiled back with the assurance.

With a soft chuckle followed by another peck on Winter's cheek, Karina said, "I'm glad I'm working in the same hospital where you were admitted into."

Duffle bag in hand as they walk towards Karina's car. The nurse offered to drive, and Winter was more than happy to accept the invitation.

The drive was good, for Winter. Karina's hand holding onto her's all the way to the hospital, caressing her thumb onto the back of Winter's hands softly, exchanging smiles in between.