six

Karina doesn't know how to describe the pain inside her heart. Probably from the heartbreak from getting cheated or from the guilt to herself from putting her trust onto that douch.

She silently lying down on her bed that night, hugging her knees with her arms as she sob gently to sleep. But then, the singing and the usual guitar strumming from the next door startled her.

She never knew that Winter could sing. Plus, her voice is so soothing and calming.

"Silly. Why 'Frozen' out of all songs?", Karina chuckled between her sob. A sad, small smile flashed on her face.

The girl didn't have the energy to complain at her neighbour for singing and playing her guitar at this godly hour. As she was posessed by the calming melodies, Karina eventually fell asleep.

All thanks to Winter's calming noise pollution.

*****

The next day, Karina woke up as she heard the bells on her door keep ringing. Rubbing her sleepy eyes tiredly, she slowly walks towards her front door after checking her intel.

"Winter...?", she asked when she saw the smaller girl on the screen, currently waving her hand happily at the door camera.

The nurse opened the door for her, only to be greeted with a happy smile and quickly turned into a frown.

"Karina! Hi! I brought you— Oh— did you just wake up?"

"Yeah...", the taller girl answered before she yawned.

"Anyway, I just got back from the hospital for my checkup. I met your nurse friend from a few days ago, and she told me it's your off day", Winter nods her head lightly. "Oh! Also, she asked me to give this to you", Winter continued as she handed the taller girl what was supposed to be a paper bag.

"You met Aeri at the hospital?", Karina asked again before she yawned for the second time.

"Oh, right. Her name is Aeri. I almost forgot that", the girl giggled. "Here. This is for you, and don't worry. I didn't secretly look inside 'em", Winter continued before she nodded her head with her tiny smile.

Karina slowly pulled out her hand, reaching the paper bag from Winter's hand.

The taller girl peeked inside the bag, only to see it was filled with three cans of beer and a bottle of soju. There's a handwritten note inside it as well.

The nurse pulled out the paper as she read them silently inside her mind.

Thank me later! I just made your day a little bit better by sending you a cute puppy from your next door for delivery service! Maybe you can ask her to accompany you to drink your hearts out! Just in case you might knock yourself on your coffee table again (lol).

Sincerly, Aeri. Peace out!

"Aeri, I swear to god— Did she want me to get drunk with all of this?", Karina cussed between her breath before she looked back at Winter with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry my friend made you do this. Seriously, that's kind of impolite of her", Karina sighs lightly.

"Oh, don't worry. We are neighbours, it is no big deal", a soft humm came out from the shorter girl's mouth.

Karina hesitate for a moment. Should she follow her friend suggestion? Or should she just say thanks to Winter and shut the door close?

But Aeri is always right in almost everything.

"Would you like to... emm...", Karina scratched her neck as her eyes looked somewhere else rather than Winter's eyes. "Would you like to have a drink with me?", she continued her words.

Almost quickly, the shorter girl nodded her head with her cute smile. "I thought you would never ask", she giggled.

Well, Karina couldn't help but smile back at the cute gesture.

*****

Winter sat right next to Karina on the couch with a can of beer inside their hands each.

The TV played Animal Planet, per Winter's request. It's not Karina's thing tho to watch animals documentary. She would rather watch a soap opera or a melancholic drama, but since Winter is her guest, she just let her be.

"So... may I ask what actually happened yesterday?", Winter said as she lightly tap on her can of beer with her fingers.

"I guess you heard me last night?", Karina chuckled lightly before Winter let out a tiny sneer. "Uh-uh. Pretty much", she nods her head.

"Well... I found out from my friend that my boyfriend cheated on me. I don't know if he's in another relationship or what, but he pretty much trying to have someone else pregnant", Karina rolled her eyes sarcastically as she sipped down the beer down her throat.

"Ew. That sucks", Winter tried to sympathise before she gulped down her own beer. "So, I heard you said last night that you wanted to break up?".

"He refused to, but I insisted. I don't want to continue hoping for happiness in such relationship", Karina chuckled.

Winter just nodded her head lightly, "You made the right choice. Prioritise your happiness first, really",  Winter said as she gulped down  her beer again.

Karina simply gazed warmly at her neighbour with a warm smile, "Thanks, Winter".

The smaller girl happily nods her head lightly with a small smile flashing on her face.

The two girl silently sipped down their beer, enjoying the warmth from their comfortable silence. Karina starts to think that she might crave Winter's warmth presence more after this. How can she just sit right next to her makes everything feel better?

"Oh, yeah. Winter, you sing?", Karina words pique Winter's attention towards the taller girl again. "Yup. A bit".

"Lies", Karina laughs lightly before she continues. "Despite your lame choose of song, I guess your soothing voice really helps me to sleep last night", Karina looked down at her can of beer, tapping the aluminium surface with her slim fingers before her mouth form into a shy smile.

"Lame? At least the lyrics relatable", Winter laughs lightly at Karina's statement.

"So, I'm the reindeer? I am Sven?", the other girl laughs back.

"Nah. I bet I am Sven. You are Kristoff for sure", Winter denies with her tiny giggles as Karina replied back almost quickly. "But I can't play guitar like Kristoff did in the movie. Definitely, I am not him".

"I can teach you to be him, if you want to", Winter offered. Her voice was almost too low for Karina to hear, but the nurse heard her just fine despite not replying back. Karina thought, learning to play guitar from her neighbour might be a stress reliever?

All Karina could do right now was to smile happily as her eyes looked down at the can of beer in her hand.