four

Karina final task for the day is to inject the antibiotics into one of her patient's drip bags. Despite the old man having only one week left one paper, Karina just hoped that this grandpa would be blessed until the end of his life.

After making sure that he got his antibiotics, Karina walked out from his ward before switching off the lights on his bed, with a warm smile on her face.

She exited the room as she shut the door gently.

After signing off from her shift that night, the girl walks towards the locker room, changing her clothes into her long brown coat and her loose jeans.

Aeri left one hour ago before Karina did, and usually, the two girl would eat out together after work, which would let them stay for the night until  it is almost twelve.

The girl walked towards the hospital parking lot, unlocking her maroon sedan car, before she entered and put on her seatbelt safely. When she pushed the engine button to start, the clock on the car screen popped up.

It's ten-thirty at night, a bit early to go home rather than usual, to be honest. Today wasn't that hectic either, so Karina guessed she could catch on some dramas on her Netflix later at home.

Driving at this hour is always what Karina loves after every night from work. The road wasn't as busy as it was at seven, and the lights on the buildings between the night sky just succeed to decorates one's eyes.

It is beautiful, a bit sentimental. But overall, Karina loves it a lot.

As soon as she arrived home, putting on the codes on her door before the door make that familiar chimes of unlocking, Karina get into her apartment, tossing her hand bag on her bed like usual as she headed towards the kitchen.

Then, she heard that guitar strumming from Winter's.

A bit delighted that the clock still shows it is eleven, not that time that Karina would fall asleep, yet. It is not twelve, and Karina is really grateful for Winter to understand her circumstances.

The girl grabbed some snacks from her kitchen, with a can of soda from the fridge. She set herself on her couch as she opened her Netflix, trying to browse something for her to watch.

Winter is still playing her guitar. Karina won't lie that every guitar notes that the smaller girl hit is really heartwarming, and Karina couldn't agree more. Satisfied and somehow enjoying the melodies, Karina hummed softly to the guitar strumming not until she heard her neighbour suddenly stop playing.

"Huh?", Karina confused.

When there's no more of the guitar, Karina sticks her eyes back on her tv, only to get startled by the sound of shattering class from the next door.

"Again?", Karina asked herself. This was the second time she heard glass shattering from her neighbour's apartment. Karina realized she should take a mind note to remind her neighbour later to be safe around glass material. Seriously, she is so careless.

But then, the young nurse decided to just stand up from her couch, walking towards her sliding door to her balcony, slide it open (which working just fine this time) as she lean her body onto the railings.

Winter wasn't there at the balcony. There's only her guitar, and her usual stool that she usually used to sit on was there.

"W-Winter? Are you okay?", Karina said from her balcony, a bit shy but loud enough just to make sure that the smaller girl heard her. It didn't take long enough for her neighbour to answer her.

"I'm fine. Just slipped a glass of water from my hand", Winter answered from the inside of her own apartment.

Karina is still there, leaning on the railings. "J-Just, in case you need any help or any medical advice, I could help, I guess?".

"Oh— thank you, Karina. I'm fine— Ouch!", the wincing voice from her neighbor attracted Karina's attention more to peek closer towards her neighbor balcony.

Then, she could see how that small figure walked closer towards the opened sliding door on the balcony with a disturbed face, furrowed brows, and lifted index finger to the air.

Karina almost gasped at the view of Winter with only an oversized white T-shirt, probably the XXXXXL size. It's too big for the smaller girl to be honest, but big enough to cover everything until it almost reached her knees.

Kinda cute, Karina thought.

"How should I treat this glass cut on my finger?", the smaller girl asked with rosed cheeks, probably from the stinging pain on her finger. "Should I just wrap it with a plaster or something?", Winter pulled out her finger, just enough to reach the railings on Karina's balcony.

"Oh, no. Please don't", Karina answered almost immediately. "Dealing with broken glasses, sometimes it wasn't only cuts. You might also have tiny pieces of glasses on your skin that you couldn't see. Wrapping it immediately might not be a good idea", the young nurse lifted her phone up as she switched on the torch, getting a better view of the smaller girl finger.

Karina guessed she's right when she saw there were tiny pieces of glass stucked onto the skin as well. Damn, that must be hurt. She thought inside her mind that she hissed silently in front of Winter.

"W-Want me to help?", a bit hesitated, but a nurse job is to help sick patients. It was like Mother Nature's reflex for Karina to offer.

"I'm really glad if you could. Can I come over to your apartment?", Winter propsed, which led the young nurse to feel her world suddenly shaking.

"H-Huh??"

"I just want to make your work easier. Treating this finger at this balcony will be a bit... ummm... uncomfortable, you see?", Winter continued before Karina immediately nodded her head, agreeing.

"Yeah-yeah. Alright, I'll open the door for you".

Winter immediately ran towards her front door, and so do Karina. One closing their front door while the other one opn them to welcome the other. A warm smile flashed on both of their faces.

"Nice interiors you got here", Winter praised with her mouth formed into an 'o', amused by her first visit. Karina could only chuckle by her cute reaction.

"Thank you. Please, sit on the couch".

Winter gladly took her seat on the couch, eyeing the unfinished snacks and soda Karina left on her coffee table, before she suddenly wincing again from the pain on her finger.

"Wait a minute. I'll be back in a second", the nurse ran inside her bedroom quickly, pulling out the medical box she left under her bed before she got back to the smaller girl, sitting right next to her as she open the box, eyeing necessary items and medicine to use.

Suddenly, Karina felt like she's back at the hospital, as the nurse treated her patient.

"Mind to tell me again what actually happened?", Karina asked with her tiny smile as she pulled out her tweezers.

"I tried to have  a glass of water from my kitchen, and the glass slipped from my hand. My mom always told me I'm a little bit too clumsy for a twenty-three years old", Winter said, chuckled by her own statement before Karina pulled out that piece of glass out from her skin.

"Ouch—"

"Cool there, Winter. I got you", Karina sneered happily as she wiped the bloods, escsping the smaller girl's finger with antiseptic wipes.

"So I guess this happens pretty often, huh?", Karina asked, pulling out a plaster from the box.

"So often", Winter nods, agreeing. "But now, I'll guess I'll have my neighbour as my personal doctor from now?", Winter chuckled before she continued. "You helped a lot".

"Nah. Just think this as my regards for you not to play your guitar at my sleeping hours", Karina sneered back at the smaller girl, before both of them smiled at each other comfortably.

Somehow, it feels a bit too good than Karina would expect from their first proper conversation with her new neighbour.

Karina kinda like this. Or is it that she really likes this?

Talking to Winter was better than she thought it would be.