eighteen

Ten at night on the same day, Winter knew that Karina shift was over, which means her girlfriend would come to her room for a quick visit before going back home.

Needles stuck in her hand, but nothing attached to them after Winter got her first liquid pain killer into her body that evening. The light blue patient uniform makes the girl cuteness stand out even more.

Waiting patiently for her girlfriend as Winter sat in the bed with fidgeting fingers, her mouth hums into the familiar song she wrote for her beloved neighbour.

"Oh darling, this is more than anything I felt before, you're everything that I want, but I didn't—"

"—Winter", her singing stopped when she saw Karina in her nurse uniform, wrapped with her long coat, standing at the door frame with a warm smile.

Happy Winter got too excited that she jumped up from the bed, running towards her girlfriend before crashing her body into her for a hug. "I miss you!", Winter squealed happily as Karina wrapped her arms around the girl's waist.

"Careful with the needle, Winter. It will hurt", Karina chuckled.

"Oops. Sorry", Winter laughs before slowly pulling away. "Singing without playing my guitar felt weird...", the shorter girl's finger moved, motioning the movements of her plucking the invisible guitar.

Karina caressed her fingers through Winter's ginger hair with a soft smile, "It's okay, you would play them again, soon".

*****

Karina got home almost at 2 in the morning that night after Winter begged her to stay a bit longer. Even tho they broke the rules of the hospital visiting hour, thankfully because the taller girl works there and a nurse there, they let her stay.

Karina couldn't explain how much she's in love working at the hospital at the moment, now that she got the privilege doing so for Winter.

Karina had watched Winter to sleep in promising that she would come around ten in the morning since it is her off day and Winter's surgery day.

The morning starts with Winter waking up sulking at eight in the morning without her girlfriend by her side. A nurse came in to check her conditions, explaining more things to her about today's surgery, before she injected something more on the tube connected to Winter's hand.

An hour of waiting for her girlfriend, Minjeong's getting bored, so she got up from her bed and walked out for fresh air. She couldn't eat anything today before the surgery, which made her a bit sad. But it's fine. After the surgery, Karina would feed her anyway, her girlfriend already promised.

She walks by the children wards, which her girlfriend is in charge of, but of course Karina wasn't there. Winter pouts.

She walked by the vending machine and she saw a couple of people buying some drinks. She got jealous and pouts again.

She walked by the cafeteria and saw lots of delicious food. Groaning in agony, she pouts again.

Winter sighing heavily, "Gosh, I should never walk out from my room if I know it would make me feel like this..."

"But, will you still feel the same way if I'm here right now?"

That deep, soothing voice always succeeds to make Winter feel giddy all over again like a teenager. The smile on her face became so wide that Karina couldn't hold herself from giggling. "Okay, that escalated real quick."

"I miss you!", the shorter girl almost looked like a puppy wiggling their tails to the owner happily, and Karina gladly patted the crown of her girlfriend's head. "I just left you for six hours, Winter. You're exaggerating", Karina chuckled.