twelve

After Winter helped to led Karina to lie down on her bed, the shorter girl fix the blanket on Karina's body before she rushed towards Karina's kitchen, filling up an empty glass with water before she rushed back towards her neighbour bedroom.

"Karina, drink this", Winter said as she held the glass in front of Karina's face. With a thankful smile, Karina slowly gulped down the water Winter gave her. "I'm fine, Winter. Being sick is pretty normal to me", she tried to convince the shorter girl.

"I know that you can take care of yourself well since you are a nurse. But, look at you! You are pale as a ghost, Rina! I saw you almost fell down just now, and don't tell me you are fine with that because I am not", Winter shakes her head.

Despite Winter's complaints, Karina laughed lightly from the attention she got. "Since when did you call me 'Rina'?"

Instead of answering, Winter slowly took the glass from Karina's grip as she sat down on the side of the bed, "Tell me what should I do to help you. Where did you put your meds? Paracetamol, probably? I'll take them out for you", Winter offered with her brows slightly furrows.

Seeing Winter being so worried for her warms Karina's heart. The taller girl smiled, "It's inside one of the drawers under the stove", Karina said before Winter nodded.

"Got it. Wait a minute".

Winter walks back towards Karina's kitchen, leaving the nurse alone on her bed. When she opened the correct drawers, she took two pills of Paracetamol before shutting the drawer gently. She ran back towards Karina's bedroom, and Karina swear that the shorter girl looks like a penguin running towards her.

"Here the meds come!", Winter exclaimed as she pulled out the pills for Karina to eat. "Thanks", Karina smiled as she took the pills from Winter's hand before slowly gulping them down her throat.

Winter sat back on the side of Karina's bed, gazing at the sick nurse with a worried expression. "You are not having a fever, right?"

Karina shakes her head gently, "Nope. Definitely not a fever. It's just nauseous and a bit hazy. I will be fine after a couple hours of rest", she said as she nuzzled back under the blanket.

"Thank you, Winter, but you can go now. I will be fine", Karina tried to assure the shorter girl, but Winter seems more than persistent.

"No", she said strongly.

"No?"

"Yes. No. I'm not leaving", Winter pouts. "What if you suddenly wanted to go to the toilet and then you fainted and then you—"

"Fine. You can stay", Karina cuts her words with a small smile. Despite an embarrassing confession with Winter this evening, she currently has no energy left to fight stubborn Winter right now. All she can do is give in.

"Really?", Winter asked, almost amused by Karina's answer.

"Well, since you cared about me that much, you can stay. Treat my house like yours, I'm going to sleep...", Karina said as her eyes blinked, starting to feel heavy.

When she saw that Winter flashed her that wide smile, Karina's heart somehow fluttered even more.

*****

*A/N - RECOMMENDED TO PLAY THIS BEFORE YOU READ!! (Ai Dialogue)

The clock shows it is ten at night, and Winter is pretty much just playing games on her phone while sitting on Karina's couch for two hours.

Now, she's totally bored and worn out.

She landed the back of her head, facing Karina's ceiling with her mouth wide agape, mumbling nonsense sounds just to lessen her boredom.

But she is still bored anyway.

Somehow, the thoughts of why Karina suddenly got sick crossed her mind. Is the work too much for her today? Or is she just feeling unhealthy?

"Hmm...", Winter's eyes squinted to the white ceiling before she started to mumble again.

"Kim Soo Han Moo,

Geo Bukgi Wa Doo Roo Mi,

Sam Cheon Gab Sa Dong Bang Sark,

Chi Chi Ka Po—"

"Winter?", Karina's sudden voice startled Winter from her playful mumbling, almost jumping off the couch.

"R-Rina! Gosh, you scared me!", Winter holds her chest, showing how shock she is.

"Sorry", Karina chuckled. "I thought you left?"

"Nope. I promised to stay, remember?", Winter said, finally flashing her usual cute smile as she walked towards Karina happily, almost looking at Karina's face up close. "You seem better now", Winter said.

"A lot better, thanks to you", Karina said with a low voice while scratching her neck in embarrassment.

"What happened at work?", Winter asked before Karina lifted her eyebrows in confusion. How did Winter know her sickness is work-related?

"Oh— I just thought that you might have a bad day at work that it made you sick", Winter explained before Karina nodded her head.

"Kinda like that. The surgery I assisted today resulted in death, and this sickness is the aftermath to me", Karina sighs heavily.

"Is it bad?", Winter asked.

"The worst death I ever encountered in the operation room, I guess?", Karina lifted her shoulder with a light sigh. The devastating feeling still weighs her down, but it all changes when Winter suddenly hugging her tightly.

"Winter—"

"It must be hard for you", Winter said with a soft voice. The hug wasn't that tight but warm enough that it melted Karina's heart. Karina can't stop herself from hugging Winter back. A small smile crested on her face.

"Thank you, Winter. For everything you've done today", Karina said between the hugs. God, when is the last time Karina ever feels this warm from someone's caring for her?

"Anything for my favourite neighbour?", Winter said with the same soft voice.

Favourite neighbour, she said?

"Oh, Rina. About what I said this evening...", Winter slowly pulled out from their hug while their arms were still around each other's waist. "I'm sorry if I made you shock with my statements. I just— don't want you to shut me off again—"

"It's okay, Winter", the smile on Karina's face is so bright that Winter's hearts beats almost immediately.

"It is?", Winter asked back.

"Yes. I mean... I really appreciate it if you wrote that for me...", Karina continued while looking at Winter's trembling eyes. They didn't even try to hide the obvious red hue on both their cheeks, while Karina still smiling at Winter genuinely.

"I-I...", Winter tried to look away, because the distance between them could give her heart attack soon.

Winter don't want to die young, tho.

"Karina, I—"

The front door to Karina's apartments made that unlocking chime, before the door bangs open, revealing Aeri still with her pastel blue scrub and two plastic bags in her hands, pulling off her shoe.

"Karina Yu Jimin! Wake up, I bought you some—"

Aeri's shoe dropped to the floor, and the tapping sound somehow felt too loud between the silence of Aeri looking at the two human being who pretty much have their hands on each other's waist and both blushing red.

"WHEN DID YOU GUYS STARTED DATING?!!", she shouted out loud in excitement.