thirteen

Aeri is now standing in front of the couch where the 'now-cured' nurse and her neighbour sitting on, both fidgeting their fingers in a nervous motion.

"Now, tell me. Since when?", Aeri asked as she tapped her legs lightly. Her hands are both on her waist with the teasing smile never left her face.

"It's not like what you think!", Winter is the first one to protest before Karina quickly continued, "She just here to help, Aeri".

"I came right after work because I was worried about you only to see you guys are holding each other on the waist while both of you are blushing red! Did you expect me to believe that!"

"Aeri, I swear to god you misunderstood things!", Karina fights back. "We just— having some talk! That's it!", her hands moved while explaining things.

Aeri glared playfully at her friend and Winter one last time before she crossed her arms, "Since I already checked on you, and I saw how fine and healthy you are right now, I'll take my leave", Aeri scoffed once before she headed towards the front door.

Karina and Winter silently followed her right behind, with Winter in her guilty face, and Karina rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Aeri please—"

"Enjoy your time, lovebirds. Imma go back to my girlfriend warmth", Aeri said as she put on her shoe. As soon as the loud tap of her shoes on the floor was heard, the Japanese lifted her hand up before saying goodbye.

Soon enough, Aeri was quick gone from Karina's apartment, leaving the young nurse and her guitarist neighbour with a quiet and slightly awkward atmosphere.

"I'm really sorry, Win—"

"Can I sing you another song before I go, Rina?", Winter's sudden words succeed to widen Karina's eyes slightly. "Sing?".

"Y-Yeah. I'll sing whatever song you'll pick", the sudden smile on Winter face somehow makes Karina less guilty from what just happened. "You sure?", Karina asked.

"Yes", Winter nodded her head assuringly despite Karina getting confused with the sudden proposal.

"Out of blue?", Karina asked back, and Winter nodded her head immediately.

"Hmm? Why?", the nurse finally laughing.

"No reason. Let me sing for you", Winter's eyes almost like lasers towards Karina. Persistent and burning. "Is this your way to brush off the awkwardness away?", the taller laughs lightly.

"Hmm", Winter nodded her head again.

"I'll take my guitar real quick and come back here!", Winter said, already walking out of the front door before Karina could say anything. A loud scoff escaped from Karina's laughing face, finding Winter's act strangely hilarious but extra cute.

It only took the shorter girl thirty seconds to come back with her usual black guitar in her hand, gasping for air as Karina couldn't help but to laughs at Winter's silly outburst.

"What song?", the shorter girl asked, finally taking her seat on the nurse couch.

"Can't Take My Eyes Off You, by Frankie Valli?", Karina said as she took her seat right next to Winter with a glass of plain water in her hand before she placed them on her coffee table. "You know it?"

"Yup. I love that song", Winter smiled.

"Me too", Karina smiled back, glaring lovingly towards Winter's eyes.

It took them about five seconds to break the staring when Winter suddenly faked her coughs, checking the strings on her guitar.

*A/N - RECOMMENDED TO PLAY THIS BEFORE YOU READ!! (Ai Song + Dialogue)