five

Winter set her guitar at her balcony like usual. She looks at the time on the clock at the wall, showing it's still early for Karina to get back home.

Instead of playing her guitar inside her apartment, she preferred more outside where she could watch the night city lights and the stars while she played.

Sitting down on her usual white stool, Winter finally plucked her guitar first note with a humm escaping her lips. Not quite the right note, she guess? So, she fixed her guitar for some time before starting to play again.

"Okay, this is it", she nods, agreeing with the sound she heard from the strings.

She coughed lightly a few times before she started strumming, followed by the sweet melody that first time after a while came out of her mouth.

You fell in love with me,

Melted into my sweet love,

You fell in love with me,

Got drunk with my ecstatic eyes,

See my eyes, you fell for me,

See my eyes, you fell in love with me.

Her face formed into a satisfied smile, but then immediately turned into a frown when she remembered why she played her guitar in the first place.

"Right. It's not my place to enjoy what I play. I did this to practice. Yes", Winter nodded her head once before started to play again.

She would do anything just to get accepted again.

*****

Aeri was right all along.

Jeno cheated on her.

How did Karina know? Simple. Jeno's best friend, Jaemin, also one of Karina closest friends, was there with him as well.

Jaemin just got to know about the matter two days ago, when he visited Jeno at his apartment by surprised, only to get shock in return with clothes scattering on the floor, leading to his bedroom.

The discovery turns into a rampage of madness from Jaemin himself.

"Rina, are you okay?", Aeri walks towards where her friend was sitting since an hour ago. Karina's eyes are red from crying even tho she wasn't crying any longer.

"I should have listened to you", a sarcastic smile followed by a deep sigh came out from the taller girl.

"It's not your fault! I swear to god, if I ever saw him, I'll kick his balls, punch his face, and poke his nose with chopsticks!!", Aeri said with a playful roar at the end. "I should kick his balls a long time ago. Damn it!", she continued.

Karina smiled with Aeri's humour, trying to cheer her up from her heartbreaks.

"Your shift is over, right? Want me to send you home? Or maybe I can leave my car here and drive yours! I can be your personal chauffeur for the day? How is it? Tempting enough?", Aeri lofted her eyebrows while nudging Karina gently.

"I'm fine, Aeri. I can go home alone", Karina sneered, wiping away her runny nose from her crying just now with a tissue.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to get you an ice cream? Or maybe, singing our hearts out at the karaoke?", Aeri tries again, but the taller girl shakes her head gently.

"I'm gonna be fine, Aeri. I'll just go home and take some rest", she nods her head, trying to assure her friend that she'll be alright at the end.

Even tho, to be honest, she wasn't that sure herself either.

*****

Arrived home, Karina put her shoe and the shoerack before her phone started to ring with the familiar ringtone. Sighing heavily, every step she took towards her bed before answering the phone call wasn't that pleasing.

"Karina", the person on the line said before Karina brows furrow. "What did you want, Jeno? i clearly told you I'm breaking up with you this evening", her words came out strong.

"I'm really sorry. She was a colleague of mine. She... S-She seduced me, Karina! Trust me!", he protested.

"Do you think I would trust your excuses? Jeno! You had sex with her, even tho the fact that we never had one ourselves? What? She seduced you? Only fool would think that your excuse is acceptable when you do that in a sober state without using any protection? Huh? Seduced you?".

Karina angry voice is a bit too loud until her neighbour next door could hear her frustration. Curious and a bit interested, Winter lifted her eyebrows, invested, before she slowly walked towards her balcony.

"Trust me, Karina! Please! Don't you love me anymore?", Jeno keeps arguing on the line.

"I got nothing to say anymore. I'm breaking up with you, and that is final. Goodbye"

Before her now ex-boyfriend could argue more with his excuses, Karina taps the red button before she throws her body on her comfy bed.

Somehow, the bed wasn't that comfy tonight.

Or maybe her apartment was darker than usual.

She tried to hold it the best she could since she was at the hospital, but she couldn't do it anymore when her breakdowns finally hit her hard.

Karina hugged her knees with her arms, crying loudly, and didn't even try to hide it from anyone to hear. She couldn't believe how a douch boyfriend he is.

But then, Winter heard her.

"I guess they broke up?", Winter gasped from her balcony, covering her mouth with her hand in shock.

Winter was never a straight person in the first place, and from what she heard from her neighbour's outrage with her now ex-boyfriend, her minds tell her strong enough that never trust man in the first place.

Winter keeps cursing him inside her head, but then Karina's sobs and cries keep interfering with her thoughts.

Disturbed and concerned, Winter opened the door to her balcony, peeking towards her next-door balcony, which is all dark without lights.

But since the crying didn't end sooner, Winter decided to grab her guitar beside her tv and took out her usual stool before she strums her guitar in one stroke.

"Ehem!", she fake her cough, loud enough just to get the attention from the girl next door.

She glances once at Karina's balcony before starting to play the acoustic melody again.

Reindeers are better than people,

Sven, don't you think that's true?

Yeah, people will beat you and curse you and cheat you,

Every one of em's bad, except you.

But people smell better than reindeer,

Sven, don't you think I'm right?

That's once again true, for all except you,

You got me. Let's call it a night,

Good night.

Don't let the frostbite bite, bite.

When Winter finished the song and took another glance at her neighbour's balcony, the crying sound wasn't there any longer.

She could only guess that Karina finally fell asleep.