The party evening

She got ready as he said. She was wearing a blue sparkly saree. She had a necklace on which wasn't hiding her mangal sutra. She had a bindi which was made of stone. She was wearing some white bangles, and her sindoor layer was as thick as it always had been. Her hair was loosened with some roses in it. She was looking gorgeous.

When Veer saw her, her eyes got stuck on her. He suddenly wanted to stay at home so that no men could see her beauty with their dirty eyes.

They reached the party by 6.30 pm. That was a very fancy party. Everyone was either in a suit or Western dress. They looked at Veer and Sita. The women had a sarcastic smile on their lips.

" Welcome, welcome, Mr. Chauhan. " a middle-aged man said.
" I'm not alone here, Mr. Singhaniya. "
" Oh, yeah. Welcome, Mrs. Veer Chauhan."

Sita just smiled. They both went and handed the bride their gift. In the meantime, ladies started approaching Veer.

" Oh, my God. Veer, it's so good to see you here." A woman said.
" Sorry, who are you?"

Sita wanted to laugh but couldn't.

" I'm Soniya! How could you forget me?"
" Sorry, I don't remember you."
" Oh... well, is this your wife? Is she from any village?"
" Sita, you should go and sit there."

Sita nodded and went where he told her to sit.

" Now, we're talking. Veer, where'd you get her? Did you see her? How backdated she look? How terrible!"
" You're talking about Veer Chauhan's wife, lady. Care to speak politely?"
" Ugh..."
" I won't leave you 'cause you're a woman. She carries my name with her. She is wearing the sindoor of my name, the mangal sutra of my name. Disrespecting her means disrespecting Veer Chauhan. "

The woman stepped backwards and disappeared into the crowd.

Veer went and sat beside Sita. Her belly growled.

" Hungry?" Veer asked without looking at her.
" Um.. yea.. a little. "
" Mr. Patel? Can you bring some food for my wife?"
" Sure, Mr. Chauhan. "

Another woman came to them.

" Fuck." Veer cursed.
" Hey, Veer. I'm Monica, remember?"
" What do you want?"
" You know that the only thing I want is you, darling."

Sita looked up and saw a woman in a very seductive dress already touching his shoulder.

" Veer Ji, why isn't the food here yet? I'm so hungry."

The woman named Monica looked at her and chuckled.

" Who the fuck are you? Veer, you got a chic? I thought you didn't like making love..."
" I'm his wife, Miss."
" Oh really? And I'm Queen Victoria!"
" But I heard she was pretty!"

Veer chuckled, and Monica was so irritated already.

" Veer!?"
" Monica, look at your tone. Just because you're my mother's best friend's daughter, I won't stop myself from being cruel."

She left after giving Sita a death glare.

" Huh? Queen Victoria!"
" I didn't know you could be jealous, too."
" I... I just didn't..."
" You don't need to explain anything. "

After the party they both left. It was already 10 pm. It started raining.

" Ugh! Why does this rain... again!"
" I see you don't like a lot of things."

She didn't say anything and put her head into the car seat. Veer laughed at her situation. The sound of rain was giving her a headache. She was holding her head tightly.

" What's wrong?"
" I just... have a headache. "
" All because of some silly rain?"

She didn't respond. He gave her his earplugs. She took them and put them into her ears and played some 90s songs.

They reached home. He didn't see his Dadi watching serials. He thought of checking on her as she could have paid in her legs. He went to her room and saw her sitting on her rocking chair. Her eyes were closed, and her mouth was wide open. He went to her.

" Dadi? Why are you sleeping like this?"

But nothing moved. He tried to shake her body, and it was cold as ice. A shiver ran through his body.

" Dadi!! Dadi... get up!"

But how could she? He called the doctor, but he gave the answer, which Veer already knew.
Sita came down. While looking at Sunidhi like that, she ran to her.

" Dadi Ji??"

She cried and kept crying. The doctor declared it was a sudden heart attack. Veer didn't even shed a single drop of tears. He did the formalities. On the next day, it was her postmortem.

After the day, it was the funeral. Veer didn't cry. He did everything with the help of Akshay. Your family came to the funeral, and they found it shocking that Veer was so strong. Anika came, too.

" Sita, please have some soup..."

But Sita didn't eat anything. Veer fed her forcefully last night, but then Sita didn't want to take any food.

They all left except Anika. She had some work in Ayodhya. So Veer told her she could stay on the first floor.

On the next day of the funeral, Veer was having some drinks alone on the balcony. She went there. Even though she was very sad for the past few days she noticed everything about Veer.

" Veer Ji.."
" You're still awake? Go to sleep."
" Have you ever heard if we cry it out, it helps?"
" Sita Ji, I don't wanna hear any motivational speech right now."

Sita went in front of him. His eyes were dark like he hadn't slept for days.

" I know you're sad! Then why aren't you crying?"
" You wanna see me cry? Why? So that you can enjoy it??"
" So that you can finally get peace!"
" There is nothing like peace. It's a myth!"
" Try it, at least?"
" Are you ordering me right now?! Did you forget who I am?"
" I didn't. Dadi Ji... Dadi Ji doesn't wanna see you like this, Veer Ji!"
" Sita Ji!! I won't repeat it, let me be myself! Leave now!"

Sita sighed.

" Fine, yell at me as much as you want. But please let it out!"

He turned to her and pushed her to the wall. Then he pinned her against it.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you so much for reading.

See you in the next chapter....