Who's she?

In the evening, they were ready to go to the wedding. Sita wore a purple saree with a black blouse. She wore some pieces of jewellery and a black bindi on her forehead.

Veer wore a black sherwani, which he got from Sita's parents. He was looking too handsome to resist in the black.

When Veer saw Sita, he remembered the first day of their meeting when his heartbeat stopped after seeing her.

" Tere is Shringar se Priya, Chand ko bhi jalan hone laga... aise muskuraygi aaj to tujhe is Duniya ki nazar lag jayega," Veer said while walking towards her.

She blushed and looked down.

" I never really believed in God, but now I think it's impossible to create someone like you other than for God. Who knows, how many years, months, and days they took to make you."
" With your sweet words, I'll die of diabetes, Veer Ji."
" Never talk about death, Sita! Did you get it?"

Sita nodded and held his hand. He was concerned and upset after hearing that, but he tried to calm himself down.

" Well, you are looking like a king... a handsome one!" Sita said.

Veer finally smiled, and they went to the wedding venue. Manohar and Gauri were already there. When Jaya saw them, she came with a wide smile on her face.

" Oh lord, you came! It's not a big wedding but I'm really thankful that you both came."
" It's not that big matter, Mrs. Khanna. Where is the bride and groom?" Veer asked.
" They are inside. Come..."

Sita and Veer followed Jaya and saw the bride and groom sitting on the designer chairs.

" She is my sister, Priya, and that's her would-be husband Ajay."

Veer went to them and handed them an envelope.

" There is some money... I hope it'll be helpful in your married life. It's a small gift from us."

They all knew it wasn't a small amount of money cause the envelope looked fat. Sita smiled that he remembered about it. Jaya's eyes were filled with tears.

" Don't cry, Jaya di, it's a happy day for you," Sita said.

She nodded. The marriage started. There were many people. Sita saw a beautiful woman come in and sit beside Veer.

" Are you... Veer? Veer Chauhan?"

Veer looked at her with confused eyes. After a while of observation, it seemed like he knew her.

" Vrinda?" He asked.
" Yes, It's me, Vrinda... it's been 8 years, since I last saw you!"
" I heard you went back to your..."

It seemed like something stopped him from finishing his sentence. Sita was wondering who that woman was.

" Yeah, I had some business to finish. Tell me about yourself! Who... who is she?"
" Oh, yeah, she is my wife, Sita Chauhan."

Her face kind of dropped. Like, she wasn't expecting this answer. But she smiled anyway.

" Sita, she is an old friend of mine. Her name is Vrinda."
" Hello..."

Both ladies were awkward. After a while, Sita went to the bathroom, and Vrinda also went to her as she was new there.

" When did you both get married?" Vrinda asked.
" It's been 3 months..."
" Oh. My father used to work for his father. My father was their driver. I used to come here with my dad since childhood. Then we became friends. "

Sita didn't know why she was telling all this, but she didn't stop her. Deep down, Sita knew, Vrinda wasn't thinking Veer just as a friend.

" You're probably thinking, why am I telling you this... it's just that I felt like I should tell you."
" You were surprised when he introduced me as his wife to you before."
" Haha, you get that. It's normal, right? Women notice more than men."
" So, you have feelings for him?"
" Even though it's all pointless now... but yeah, I always liked him. But after the death of his parents... he became very quiet. So I used to visit him whenever I had time. But after some weeks, he left Rajasthan with his Dadi. I realized how much I was missing him."
" How old were you then?"
" I was 14. He was indeed my first love whom I couldn't forget. He used to come here in every Navratri... he used to stay here for a month, and I always waited for this month."

Sita was all quiet. Vrinda's voice was cracking. Sita felt like her heart was breaking, too.

" When I turned 18... my father was sick. Oh, I don't have a mother. So, he wanted me to get married before he left me. I never wanted to. But he requested me this one thing. So, I got married..."

Sita looked at her forehead and neck. But there was no sign of her being married.

" You can't find the signs, Sita. The man I got married to... had an extramarital affair. I had to be quiet cause my dad was too sick by then. Suddenly, one day, my husband left the home. And when my dad got the news, he had a heart attack, and nobody could save him. I had no reason to be in their house anymore. I came back to here. I was already 20 by then. It was the last day of October. I saw Veer for the last time when they were leaving. Then, I again had to go back to my in-laws' house cause my husband came back after marrying that woman. For divorce, I had to be there. But, since then, I hadn't seen Veer... cause he never came here like before. But I didn't know why I was waiting for him every year. Funny, isn't it?"

Sita felt the wetness in her cheeks. She didn't want what feeling she was feeling. Was it guilty? Was it sadness?

" I'm sorry..."
" Why are you saying sorry... we had no match anyway. Look at him and then look at me! But you, Sita... you changed him. I saw the real happiness in his eyes, which vanished after the death of his parents. Thank you..."
" You... loved him for so many years... aren't you angry? Aren't you upset?"
" I'm just sad... but he is yours. I know you're the one for him, Sita. He was lifeless... you found his soul and put it in his body again."

Sita hugged Vrinda. Both women cried. Then they wiped their tears and went back to the wedding.

" What took you two so long?" Veer asked.
" It's between women!" Vrinda said with a big smile.

But Sita was unable to smile. She was still hurt. Veer noticed her but didn't ask anything until they left.

" What happened, Sita?"
" Huh? Nothing..."
" You can't hide it from me... you know that."
" It's just... I'm feeling overwhelmed by joy."
" Why?"
" Because I got someone like you... I got a husband like you, which is the dream of every girl..."
" Silly!"

He hugged her, and they went to their room.

Thank you for reading. Do votes and comments, too.

See you in the next chapter...