Sita's past

" Sita, can I have a moment to talk to you? I promise I won't make a mess this time." The guy in the red shirt said.
" What do you have to say about it? My husband is here, don't forget that."
" I know, I just wanna say you, sorry. I did change myself... I'm not like before. I've something to show you. Please come out for a moment?"

Veer didn't sit anymore and went straight to them.

" Who are you?" His tone was as rough as the stones.
" Uh, Mr. Chauhan, I'm her... we were high school friends. I'm Gaurav. Gaurav Singh."
" We weren't friends, Mr. Singh. We were just classmates."

Sita seemed so pissed about Gaurav.

" Sita, you can go back inside. I'd send him off."

Veer said, and Sita nodded. She went inside the house, and Veer looked at Gaurav.

" What did you do to Sita that she is so pissed at you?"
" I didn't do anything, Mr. Chauhan."
" It can't be. Sita isn't someone who'd hate you for no reason. "
" I'll head back now. Bye, Mr. Chauhan. "

Veer was about to stop him, but Narayan called him inside. So he let him go. Veer went inside and saw Sita looking outside of the window.

" Who's that man? What did he do?"

Sita looked back at Veer, who wasn't looking as calm as he was for the rest of the day.

" Before I tell you, will you promise me something?"
" Depends on."
" You won't do anything crazy here. It has nothing to do with my present."
" I'd like to listen to the backstory first."

Sita sighed and stood up. Her slow footsteps stopped in front of Veer.

" He was my classmate when I was in 11th class. He probably was infatuated by me, somehow. But, I wasn't aware until his actions started being creepy. He was stalking me, following me for weeks. When I got to know, I warned him to stop. He said he'd never do this again. After our 12th board exams, I was preparing myself for NEET, and then I was getting multiple letters from an unknown person. As I was busy with my studies... I didn't care about those. But it turned out it was Gaurav. He was obsessed with me. He again started following me whenever I went outside. I told it all to my parents, and they took action against it. He was sent to jail, and I heard he was sent to a Rehab also. I haven't heard anything about him since then."

Veer didn't respond. He took off his watch and unbuttoned two of his shirt's buttons. Then he lay on the bed.

" You're probably tired, come and let's sleep." Veer's tone was calmer.
" You... you have nothing to say?"
" Sita, we should sleep now."

His tone was a bit dominant by then, so Sita stayed quiet. She laid down beside him, and he wrapped his arms around her. God knew what was going on inside his mind.

On the next morning, everyone was having their tea and coffee like normal.

" Maa, did you see Veer Ji?"
" No, beti. Why? Isn't he in the room?"

Sita shook her head as no. She was kinda worried cause he left without telling her anything.

After a while, Veer came from outside. Sita ran toward him.

" Veer Ji, where were you?"
" I just went out for some fresh air."
" Oh, come to eat... I made some poori and dum aloo."

Veer went behind her and ate peacefully. Then he got a call from someone.

" Oh, that's good. I'll be there by tomorrow. Don't worry."

With this, he cut the call. Sita was confused, but then she thought maybe, someone from Veer's office. When they went to their room, Sita decided to ask him finally.

" I know, what's on your mind," Veer said.

" This call was from Russia. You probably don't know that I have a connection with the mafia gangs of Russia and Italy. I need to go there and fix something. So I'll be leaving in the evening. I've already messaged Akshay. He'll be here by tonight. If you need anything, you can tell him. I'll probably be outside for 3 to 4 days."

Sita felt a bit sad and scared, too. She only heard of the mafias. But she had no idea that her husband had a connection with them. She thought about the next 3-4 days without him. She didn't feel like smiling.

" 3 to 4 days..."
"Yeah, that's why I want you to stay here. Otherwise, you'd feel lonely."

Sita's eyes were heavy. She couldn't keep eye contact with him anymore.
Veer lifted her chin, and a drop of her tears fell on his hand.

" What happened, Sita? Why are you crying?"

He immediately pulled her in a tight hug. Sita held him tightly, too.

" Are you a kid? Can't you stay without me? As Veer Chauhan's wife, you don't even know how many situations like this are waiting for you. Don't cry... okay?"

Sita didn't say anything. Veer knew if he'd stay with her one more second, he'd change his mind. Veer couldn't show his own emotions cause he didn't want to make her sad. Veer knew at this point that living without seeing seeing her face for one minute was like a hell for him.

He left the room and went to the balcony. Mayuri was lighting the diyas there.

" Damad Ji? Is everything alright? "
" Uh, yeah..."
" Did that pagli say you something? Don't mind her, she is very unfortunate, damad Ji..."
" Huh? What do you mean by that?"

He thought maybe he was her husband, that's why Mayuri said that.

" Actually... there's no point in hiding it from you. She isn't our biological daughter. You remember at our first meeting, my husband told me that we got her after so many vrats? Actually, yes, even after a few years of our marriage, we didn't get any babies... so we used to do many puja paths to Mahadev Ji. One day, when we were returning from the temple, we heard a crying sound. We went to that side and saw a small baby crying in the dirty mud. As it rained in the previous night... she was probably left there by that night. We took her with us in our house. And thanked God by thinking it was the results of our vrats."

Slowly, Veer's heart felt heavy. He remembered that night when it was raining and Sita got a headache.....

Thank you for reading. I hope I didn't bore you! Do votes and comments to cheer me up.

See you in the next chapter ~