Hell or Heaven?

" How does it feel in the ice water, Gupta?"

Veer's eyes were on the tank of the Iced water. Mr. Gupta was shivering badly in that tank.

" You didn't agree to sign the contract with my company, huh? Seems like you needed a cold bath!"
" Veer Chauhan, you're doing sins!"
" Sins? What did you say, Mr. Gupta? How could you say a sentence like that after selling your half shares to my rival company? You promised me that I was getting the shares!"
" You were the one who left Ayodhya to celebrate some silly festivals!"
" Fuck, fuck!! I went to celebrate some silly festivals because I wanted to! That doesn't mean you had the right to sell the shares to my rivals!"

Mr Gupta was shivering badly. Veer signalled something to Akshay, and he took him out of the tank. Veer's gun was already in his hand. In 1 minute, Mr. Gupta's body was on the floor.

" Tell my men to throw the body in the river."

~~\\~~

Sita and Anika came back from the gynaecologist. Sita heard the sound of Veer's car. She got out of the room and saw Veer entering inside.

" I hadn't the time to talk to Akshay today. I'll surely talk to him tomorrow. He has some urgent work to do now. Well, Sita... come to our room, please."

Sita nodded. Veer went upstairs. Sita took out the lemon juice she made before and went to their room. She noticed his body was covered with sweat. When she entered, Veer was changing, so she stopped and closed her eyes.

" Don't pretend like you didn't see my body that night when you were massaging it."

He said with a soft chuckle. Sita opened her eyes and put the glass on the bedside table.

" Veer Ji, can I ask you something?"
" What's it?"
" Anike told me... Gaurav died the next day of my function."
" Ohh, so?"
" Veer Ji, be honest with me... it wasn't you, right?"

Veer's eyes got darkened. He looked straight into Sita's eyes.

" If I say it was me. What will you do?"
" Veer Ji??"
" Will you divorce me 'cause I'm a murderer? Baby, you're stuck with me, not just for this lifetime, but the next 7 lifetimes, too!"

Sita's leg felt numb. Her body wasn't responding. Her eyes were filled with tears that were ready to fall at any time. Veer came to her and wiped the tears. His hands slowly went on her waist, and for the first time, he touched her bare belly and waist. Sita got shivering just like Veer did. He pulled her closer.

" You don't need to be scared of me. My job is protecting you, not hurting you. But I'll hurt every single person who will try to hurt you in any way."

He whispered near her ear and lastly kissed her neck.

" Even though my hands are wet by the blood, Sita... my love for you is one hundred per cent true. You know that, right?"

Sita nodded. She didn't know what made Veer like that. But she promised herself, she'd never leave his side.

" And, your friend and her baby... both will be okay. That's my responsibility from now. Akshay will accept the baby. I know him."
" Thank you..."
" Shouldn't we arrange a wedding for them?"
" We should, but what about Anika's father?"
" He has to understand. If he doesn't, it's easy to cut the ties."

Sita looked at him with disbelief eyes. But she didn't argue.

" I'm kind of jealous, you know?" Veer said suddenly.
" Jealous? For what?"
" They are having a baby before us!"

Sita's cheeks turned pinkish as soon as she heard him.

" But if I think again, that's fine 'cause if we get a baby this soon, it will take all your time. For now, your time and love are only for me!"

He smashed his lips without any warning. His moving lips were kissing with passion. His anger and annoyance vanished every time he was with Sita. Without his knowing, his world was becoming all about her.

~~\\~~

A few days later

Veer and Sita had arranged a small wedding function for Anika and Akshay.
They invited only close friends and family to it.

" Sita beti, where are you going?"
" Maa, actually... Veer Ji called me for something. "
" Oh, then go, go. Don't make him wait."

Sita nodded with a smile and left.

" What happened, Veer Ji?"
" We are going to Rajasthan tomorrow. "
" Really??"
"Yeah, I already fixed my schedule. Before I go to Italy, I want to spend some time with you alone..."
" You will go to Italy?"
"Yeah, I need to sign one more deal with them. But I'll be back in just 2 days."

Sita didn't say anything. They both came downstairs and enjoyed the wedding.

At night, when everyone was going to sleep, Sita went to the kitchen to get some water. She wasn't able to see as all the lights were already off. She took a candle with her so that she could get the water without turning on all the lights.
She put the candle on the kitchen table and drank some water. A small wind was coming from the outside of the window. She didn't notice that the pallu of her saree was touching was flame of the candle.

As it was made of silk, it caught fire faster. When she realized this, she screamed loudly. Anika and Akshay came out of the guest room. Anika was already scared after seeing Sita in that condition.

Veer came downstairs and saw Sita's pallu was burning, and she was screaming. His brain stopped working. He remembered the night his parents died in the fire. He felt like he didn't drink water for weeks. His body was getting cold.

" Sita!!!!!!"
" Veer... Ji... save me....!"

Veer didn't wait to think anything and entered the kitchen. He looked at the jug full of water. He threw all the water on her, but it didn't help much. He had no choice left. He took off her whole saree and threw it in the bin. Then he hugged her tightly. She already blacked out due to over-panic.

Thank you for reading. I hope I didn't bore you! Show your support by voting and commenting.

See you at the next chapter...