The dilemma

" You could lead a better life, but you chose the worst one!"
" During our wedding, I promised myself... I will always choose you over anything else. If that means I need to walk on the broken glass, I'll walk."

Veer punched his fist on the wall and left the room.

" Why the fuck!! She's gonna regret, it soon! She didn't see the worst side of me yet!"

He took out a bottle of alcohol and drank it all. He didn't know why he was furious. Was it because of Varun, Sita, or him?!
He went to Sita's room again and saw Sita crying silently. His heart ached a bit.

Sita got up as soon as she saw him. Veer went straight to her and held her waist tightly, then pulled it near his body. Sita could feel the hardness.

" Veer Ji, you're drunk... you..."
" You chose it yourself, Mrs. Veer Chauhan!"

He said sarcastically and buried his head on Sita's neck. And he put his teeth on her skin. Sita moaned in pain. She was trying her best to free herself, but he was too strong for her. His hands were so rough on her waist that it was already painful.

He didn't get peace by only biting her neck, her collars, her throat everywhere were the marks of his teeth.

" You're... you're giving me physical pain, Veer Ji... is this who you are? Those boys who get fun by giving weak women pain?"

Veer stopped what he was doing. His eyes were red, and he looked like the devil. Sita's eyes were red, too, but due to crying. Veer pushed her on the bed and left the room. While going, he slammed the door so hard. Sita closed her mouth by the pallu of her saree and cried loudly.

" What happened to you, Veer Ji... what did I do?"

She looked at herself in the mirror, her neck, throat, collar everywhere were the purple or red marks.

~~\\~~

" Argh!!!! I'll be insane! I'm unable to hurt her!! What's stopping the beast inside me?! Ughhh!!" Veer was looking at himself in the mirror, too.
" It's your heart."

He could suddenly see his grandma inside the mirror. He was so shocked.

" Dadi??"
" What are you doing, beta? You're hurting that woman who stood with you during your worst days?"
" Dadi... I don't know what to do! If.. if I don't do this, I'll be weak! Others will never be scared of me, or they'd respect me!"
" Who said she's your weakness? Whom are you believing, beta? If you can't believe in yourself, that's your weakness!"
" But it's true that... I was getting weak whenever she was in front of me!"
" That's not weakness, beta. It is love. It's the love your heart was feeling. In this world, nothing is as powerful as love, not even money. The love Sita has for you is unconditional, beta. Otherwise, she could easily leave you after seeing that attitude of yours."

Veer held his head and sat down. He was feeling low. He needed an ice shower. And he had it.

~~\\~~

It was already morning, and Veer went to Sita's room to check. He didn't know what he had to check.

Sita was leaning her head on the bedside and sitting on the cold floor. Veer went to her and saw the marks he made last night. Sita had dried tears on her cheeks, and her body was cold. Veer touched her, and with that touch, Sita got up.

Nobody talked. Sita was looking down not because she was scared of him but because he looked like he hadn't slept for the whole night.

" I... I shouldn't have done that last night. I was so furious over something. I don't deserve forgiveness, but still, I guess I should apologize." Veer said.

Sita looked up at Veer, and he was looking really sorry.

" If you don't forgive me, it's okay... I'll just keep a distance from you. You won't get disturbed by me again."
" Wait... I'm not mad at you. I understand that there was some reason... do you really think I'm creating some problems in your life?"
" It's not you, it's me. The demon inside me... he isn't always in my control. Most of the time, he controls me..."
" I can assure you, before Dussera, you'll get full control over that demon inside you. I'll help you..."

Veer looked surprised. He was always surprised by how calm Sita was. How thoughtful she always was. She always knew how to handle a situation. He couldn't stop himelf but hugged her not as Veer Chauhan but as her husband, who was thankful for her. She took him into her arms so easily. She patted his back beautifully. He didn't want to let her go, and somehow, she got him. Veer felt so safe in her arms. He felt like a home.

~~\\~~

They reached Rishikesh, and all the streets were decorated with lights and diyas for Navratri.

" I bought this pair of sarees and Punjabi for you and Damad Ji," Mayuri said to Sita.
" Oh Maa, you didn't have to buy me a saree."
" You grew a lot, huh? You're still my beti, don't forget, okay?"

Veer was looking at how happy Sita was after finally meeting with her family. He couldn't help but smile.

" Damad Ji, you drink tea or coffee?" Mayuri asked Veer.
" I drink everything. "

Mayuri smiled and went to the kitchen. Sita was looking at all the gifts she got for Navratri.

" Veer Ji, look, this kurta will look gorgeous on you!"

Damn, Veer thought, " She didn't say, I'll look good on that Kurta, but that Kurta will look gorgeous on me!"

" Oh... if you think so," Veer said slowly.
" Which saree should I wear? Umm, the red one? Or the blue one?"

Veer put a packet in front of her, and she looked at Veer with confusing eyes.

" You look most beautiful in sky blue."

She opened the packet and saw a very beautiful sky-blue saree. She blushed and looked down at the floor. Veer chuckled after seeing her rosy cheeks.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Do vote and comment.

See you in the next chapter....