chapter 9

Sofie's POV,

I closed the door behind me and changed into a decent wear immediately.  I don't want what happened to repeat itself.

I was bored so I decided to take a walk around the mansion. I tried avoiding my boss as hard as I could. The mansion was so huge that I almost got lost, I came across a room with a dim light, and I wanted to just pass the room, but this force was drawing me back. I swallowed hard and entered the room, it was just a room, it was simply decorated and it had lots of cloth pictures, the design was insane, whoever designed it was a pro.
The room must have belonged to a lady, it had lady's clothes and it had a fainting scent of lavender. As dead as the room looked, it was still clean. I sat on the bed. It was very comfy. I wanted to relax a bit, and that was when my eye flashed across a book on the bedstand, I reached out and grabbed it, it was a diary.
"Whose diary could this be?" I thought.
I opened it.
"The night is cold, it has been two weeks since am locked up in this room, I just want to be free like..." Just when I was about to slip onto the next page, a hand grabbed the book.
When I looked up, I saw Mr Damone's cold stares, his eyes looked like a burning fire.
"What are you doing here" he asked. I can feel the anger in his voice.
"I was bbbbored..anddd I wanted to....take a lookkk around the hhhouse" I stuttered. I was very scared, and I could feel my knees shaking.
"I am very sorry, I shouldn't have entered here without your permission" I muttered at last.
I can feel his expression soften.
"You shouldn't wander around the house, baby girl, or a virgin ghost will eat you," he said as though he was trying to tease me.
"There are no ghosts," I replied staring at the floor.
"If you ever feel bored, come stay with me," he said with a soft voice. I looked at him and his once cold eyes were melted by affection.

I was in my room, in the evening. I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in"
The butler came in,
"The master wants his dinner prepared on time," he announced.
"And, what does that have to do with me" I asked.
"You are to prepare his dinner," he said, and before I  could retaliate he left.
I am starting to hate this butler.
I put on my slip-on slippers and went to his study, but he was not there, I checked his house office and it was the same. Maybe he was in his room.

I took a deep breath before knocking on his door. I hate staying alone with him.
I waited but no reply. I entered and I can hear the sound of the shower. He is bathing. I looked around his room. The interior decor is in black and white. Is he mourning someone? The room was grand and nice but the vibe was giving me goose pimples.
I saw a photo on his bedstand, it was a photo of him and his family. He was smiling and his cold eyes were soft. He stood beside a girl who looked exactly like him.
"Does he have a twin"
"What are you doing here" his voice startled me out of my thoughts.
"That's a nice photo you have here," I said, I turned to look at him. He was in a towel that was tied to his waist. Apart from being devilishly handsome, his body was tanned. He is muscular. And his wet hair made him so damn attractive.
"It is my family photo"
I quickly averted my gaze so as not to be caught staring at him.
"Your younger sister is beautiful," I said staring at the young 4-year-old girl in the photo.
"I believe you are not here for the photo," he said trying to change the topic.
I totally forgot what I was here for.
"I don't cook"
Am not your maid" I said without thinking.
He smiled and said
"It was clearly stated in the contract, you will be cooking for me,"
"I don't know how to cook" I can't imagine disgracing myself in front of this man.
"I can teach you, but you will have to do me a favour," he said smirking. I know that whatever the favour was, it won't be good. But before I could think, I said
"Okay"
"The favour won't be asked now, I will ask it later in the day," he said.
"I will be in the kitchen after dressing up, I know you don't mind seeing me like this," he said smirking.
"I will meet you downstairs, before I forget, when are my starting work"
"That's left for me to decide," he said in his domineering voice.

Lorenzo's POV

It has been 5 years already and am still missing her, no matter how big the house is, it wasn't lively without her. I decided to take a look at her room, and when I reached the door, I noticed that someone was there. I thought maybe I was hallucinating. I was the only one that enters this room since she left. I went inside the room and saw Sofie on the bed.
"What is she doing here" I thought to myself.
That was when I saw the diary in her hand.
It was the words she wrote before she left.
I was instantly consumed by anger. I took the book from her.
"What are you doing here" I asked, anger obvious in my voice.
"I was bbbbored anddd I wanted to....take a lookkk around the hhhouse," she said while stuttering, she was shivering in fear, which made me feel bad.
"I am very sorry, I shouldn't have entered here without your permission" she finally said.
I was instantly calmed, her angelic voice made me forget that I was angry

"You shouldn't wander around the house, baby girl, or a virgin ghost will eat you,"I said teasingly
"There are no ghosts," she answered innocently without looking up.
"If you ever feel bored, come stay with me," I said with concern. I don't want her to feel caged, I don't want her to end up like "HER".

In the evening, I instructed the butler to tell her to make dinner. I knew she wouldn't agree to it easily, but I wanted to see her face when she throws a tantrum.

After taking my bath, I saw her staring at the family photo on my nightstand, she was so indulged in it that she didn't notice that I was done showering.
"What do you want" I asked, startling her from her thoughts.
"That's a nice photo you have here," she said.
I looked at the photo, and I saw her, beaming with smiles, if only she knew she would end up like that.
"It's my family photo," I finally answered. She complimented my sister's beauty but I know that's not why she was here.
"I believe you are not here for the photo," I said in a plain statement, but it sounded more like a question.
She went on and said that she can't cook,
She seems to forget that it was part of the contract.
"I can teach you, but you will have to do me a favour" I finally told her.
If only she knows what I have in mind to ask her.
She agreed without hesitating. But I didn't plan on asking her for the favour today.
She asked me when she was going to start work.
I didn't want her to work, I just wanted to keep her for myself, and that is what I will do.