chapter 11

Lorenzo's pov.

I changed into my blue sweatpants and comfy knitwear, then headed to the kitchen to teach her how to cook. But when I got there, she was lost in her thoughts, so I chilled out for a bit and waited for her to snap out of it.
"A penny for your thoughts," I said as I put on an apron.
"Where do we start?" she asked as if she wasn't absent-minded before.
We went on with cooking, I have always loved cooking, but it all changed after what happened five years ago. I can't believe I suggested teaching her how to cook. We made Caprese salad with pesto sauce. It is my favorite, and I know she will like it.

I served dinner in the dining, doing that made me feel like a devoted husband serving his wife, and I liked that feeling.
She dug into her food, I watched as she savored its delicious taste.
"When did you learn how to cook," she asked with a mouthful of food.
"When I was 12," I answered. I can still remember vividly the first day I learned how to cook.
"Who taught you?" I was taken aback by the question.
I looked down at my plate so that she wouldn't see the hurt in my eyes.
"She taught me," I answered her.
"Who is she?"
"Eat" I replied coldly.
That question reminded me of all the painful memories that I had been trying to forget for years. After dinner, I ordered the butler to take care of the table.
Despite trying to rest in my room, I found myself tossing and turning, unable to fall asleep. Seeking solace, I made my way to the tranquil waters of the pool, hoping to ease my mind and find some much-needed relief. But to my utmost surprise, I saw Sophie there. She looked mesmerizing in her silk oversized nightgown. She looked disturbed.
"Enjoying the view," I told her.
She shared that she couldn't sleep due to having a lot on her mind. She also inquired if I would like to share the reason why I was unhappy during dinner.
"I do mind," I told her. I went on to ask her who she loved most in the world. And she said her mum, my heart clenched as I remembered her mum's condition.
"What of you, who do you love the most," she asked me.
I couldn't bring myself to call out her name.
"The one person I loved the most left in the most cruel way," I was feeling very hurt but then she said to me.
"I can't imagine how you feel, my loved one never left me, but sometimes leaving isn't always an option, maybe she left because she felt that it was the best thing to do, sometimes we look beyond how far people sacrificed for us because we felt hurt, but in fact, they were the most hurt,"
What she said made me wonder many things, was she hurt?, Did she feel sad when she wanted to leave? Is she still holding on to the lovely memories we shared, I couldn't hold back the slide of tear that fell from my face.
Before I knew what was happening, she hugged me.
"I hope this helps," she said in the most soothing voice, her scent engulfed my nostrils.
"How can she smell so damn good," I thought to myself as I took in her scent, her fragrance smells like vanilla mixed with sandalwood, it was calming.
I hugged her tightly not wanting to let her go. I want to keep her in my embrace till the end of time. But good things don't last forever, so I have to pull out of the hug otherwise I might lose control and kiss her.
"Good night," she said and hurriedly left.

I didn't go to sleep immediately, instead, I went to my study, picked up the telephone, and placed a call to Dante.
"Have you taken care of him?" I asked.
"Yes, I dropped his body off at the Vecchio bridge" he answered.
"Good," I said to him.
"How is Sofie's mother, any improvement?" I asked concerned.
"The surgery was successful" he answered.
"I got a call from the main house, they called me when they couldn't reach you," he hesitated before continuing to speak.
"Miss Basil or should I say, your fiancee will come over to your house during the weekend, she is going to stay, till the marriage is held,"
"I would prefer not to have her in my place of residence," I replied coldly.
"That was Mrs Damone's request, she said that it would help improve your relationship with her"
"Fine, but she should keep her distance," I said.
"That's not the problem, I think the main problem is her meeting Sofie, I don't think it will end very well," he said with a worried tone.
"I will see to that," with that said, I hung up the call. The mere thought of living with Khloe under the same roof makes me want to puke, she disgusts me, she is just a cheap whore that does everything for fame and money. I know this marriage will not hold, I just have to drag it on for some time. And if she dares to do anything silly to my Sofie, I will fucking skin her alive.