Chapter 5

After lunch, papa wants to meet me at his office. I don't know what he wanted to tell me but I think it's related of what happened today in school, dahil gaya ng mga sinabi kanina ni Thania ay nalaman niya ang nangyari kaya sa tingin ko iyon ang rason.

  Books everywhere, lanterns, paintings and even a typewriter was designed inside his office. He is sitting on a wooden chair while I am at the sofa, waiting for him to talk while the atmosphere is getting awkward. I don't like it.

"What do you want to say, pa?" Inipon ko ang buong lakas at dignidad na itanong iyon, dahil nababagot na ako rito kaka-upo, and also I don't want to stay in a room with him.

"So that you can leave immediately?" I don't know if he's mad or something. I don't have any reason to lie to my father. He knows me.. well.

"Yes." I coldly replied.

He let out a heavy sigh as he stood up. Naglakad siya papunta sa malaki niyang bintana kung saan makikita ang buong garden sa baba.

"Nalaman ko ang nangyari kanina, and you are now the trending."

I closed my eyes when I realized I was right, and the only person who told my father is that bitch, Thania. Siya lang naman ang mas updated sa social media at syempre she always want to mess with me kaya sa tingin ko she is so happy when she saw the trending.

"Thania told you, right?"

"It's none of your business anymore and it already happened, and all we need to do is to make this mess resolve."

My forehead creased when I heard a single word that made my whole system boil.

"We? No, pa. I can handle this. Thank you but I don't need your help."

This time he looked at me and I can see in his face the anger.

"I actually don't care what mess you always encounter, Azalea. But this time.. you made my name dirty!" I closed my eyes in shock when he shouted.

Shit..

"Guiterrez, guiterrez, guiterrez.. why the hell you put a stain on my dignity!" The anger in him is getting more intense. The beating of my heart became faster.

It was funny, I feel like I was in the old days, where he shouted at me for about everyday. This is fucking funny. I am experiencing it again, and  this is the second time he shouted infront of me today. Paano pa kaya if I decided not to kick myself out of this house years ago?

Kumuha ako ng maraming lakas upang sagutin siya, upang sabihin sa kaniya ang pabalik-balik kong sinasabi sa kaniya. Hoping he will let me change my surname, hoping I can use my mom's surname.

"I don't even want this fucking surname!" I gripped my hands, trying not to burst out crying infront of him. I want him to feel my anger, not my fucking sobs. I want him to realize that I am strong now, that I am not the old Azalea where she cried whenever she was shouted. I am not her anymore.

He was speechless of what I said but the anger on his face remains the same.

"I have reasons, Azalea."

"Business, right? I already told you I don't want to!" I gripped my hands more, to stop myself from crying.

"If that's so. You will do what I will tell you right now. Kung hindi mo gagawin, wala ka ng takas sa ipapamana ko sa'yo na business." Ang boses niya ay napakaseryoso na para bang ang mga sasabihin niya ay napaka-importante.

"I want you to post a video of yourself doing a public apology to the Santiago family."

I cursed under my breath. Muntikan akong matumba nang sabihin iyon ni papa. What the hell? Public apology?

I looked straight at his serious eyes. "I won't do it.."

Bumalik na naman ang galit na tensyon sa mukha ni papa. "What?!"

I shooked my head and repeated what I said. "I won't do it."

"Azalea!"

My lips trembled and this time, I can't stop myself anymore, tears started to loom around my eyes.

"I know it's my fault, pa. But to the point na ipabugbog ko siya ay hindi ko 'yun magagawa, you know me well, pa. I don't use violence!" My voice cracked and tears are now blocking my sight.

I wiped the tears out of my sight and I can now see my father walking and stopped one meter away from me.

"Do you think they will believe you, Azalea? Do you think?!"

Reality slaps me hard when he asked me that question.

But.. I didn't do it.

"Kung hindi mo kayang magpublic apology.. you better face all of the consequences. I am done with you, Azalea." He turned away from me like what he did twelve years ago.

"Okay. I will face all of the consequences, but I will prove to you, to everyone that I-I didn't do it and I can find who ever did that to him." Without hesitant I walked to get out from his room that suffocates me but before I closed the door, I faced him again whose sight was on the window.

"And if that happens.. I will change my surname for you to have a clean name, and that will never bother you anymore. Goodbye." Hinay-hinay kong sinira ang pinto, for him to know that I still have respect for him.