Kind gesture

Lucy's PoV -
When we got back with Adelina we had some lunch and then got ready for training. We had been at camp for a while now and the euros started soon. Our first game was against Austria at old Trafford. I was exited to say the least. Tomorrow was  the day a few years ago my last day with Lilia. That was playing with my mind a bit. I just couldn't get her out of my head. 

We had just finished training with a 11 aside team. The teams were ...

Ellie robuck
Leah Williamson (C)
Lucy bronze
Alex greenwood
Demi stokes
Ella toone
Jill Scott
Fran Kirby
Ellen white
Nikita parris
Chloe Kelly

Mary earps
Millie bright (C)
Jess carter
Rachel Daly
Lotte wubben moy
Georgia stanway
Keira Walsh
Bethany England
Lauren hemp
Alessia russo
Beth mead 

With hanna Hampton doing some drills before swapping with Mary at half time.

The match ended 3-2 with goals from Ellen white (25) , Ella toone (42) and Chloe Kelly (79) then Beth mead (31) and a penalty from Georgia stanway. (87)

We finished training with a cool down and everyone went inside to shower before meeting in the chill room. Me Adelina Ellie and Ella where all playing monopoly. With all of us being really competitive the game came to a close finish after an hour and fifteen minutes of playing. Ellie won Adelina came second I came third and Ella came last.
From there the night consisted of different movies and games. We all played a tournament in monopoly. There where group stages consisted of
Group 1
Ellie
Adelina
Ella
Lucy

Group 2
Mary
Alessia
Hannah
Jill

Group 3
Ellen
Beth
Chloe
Nikita

Group 4
Fran
Millie
Georgia
Rachel

Group 5
Leah
Alex
Demi
Keira

Group 6
Lauren
Bethany
Jess
Lotte

From each group the winners played each other.

Ellie vs Jill

Chloe vs Rachel

Alex vs Lotte

Then from there the winners all played each other

Ellie vs Chloe
Then
Ellie vs Alex
Then
Chloe vs Alex

Ellie won all her games and so did Alex so they were both in the final.
We started the games night at 6pm and it was now half 10 and almost the end of the final.

It was a close game but in the end Ellie won. That will be something she talked about for a long long time.

After the game everyone decided to just go to bed.

Hey guys so basically a time skip to the day before the euros campaign starts ! 💗

It was now the day before the opening game of the euros but it was also the day of my last interaction with Lilia. Deciding to post on her behalf I logged into my instagram.

@lucy.bronze

Caption - it will all be for you 🤍⚽️🕊️

Likes - 2,350 (first hour)
View comments-

@jordannobbs- proud of you 🤍🕊️
@milliebrighty- 🤍🕊️
@rachel.daly- 🤍🤍
@sarina.wiegman- 🕊️🤍
@lionesses- for Lilia 🤍🕊️

Load more comments —

When me keira and Adelina walked down to breakfast Sarina walked up to us.
"Hey Keira Adelina can i borrow Lucy for 5 minutes?"
"Yeah definitely"

As me and Sarina walked out of the room she started to speak.
"Lucy after seeing your instagram this morning I have came up with an idea."

"Yeah what is it?"

"Would you like it if the team and staff all wore black armbands throughout the euros in honour of Lilia."

"Really?" I question med as tears fell at the thought of the kind gesture.

"Of course, anything to support my players."

We finished up our conversation and walked back to breakfast. Spending the rest of the day in training and recovery with the team didn't leave me long to think about Lilia.

(Time skip)

It was now night time and everyone was in bed I was scrolling on instagram and I came across a post from the lionesses instagram.

@lionesses -

Caption- throughout our euros run this year we will honour the late Lilia McQueen by wearing the black arm bands

#lionesses #euros

Comments turned off.

Hey guys so this is a little bit rushed especially near the end. I really wanted to give you a chapter tonight whilst also announcing the release date for my new one shot book! That date will be February the 3rd and I hope you all have a lovely week my next post will probably be next Saturday 💗💗💗💗