Kick off

Ellie's pov-

Today was the first game of the euros. Normally people would be nervous like most of the squad. But for players like me and Hannah who knew we wouldn't be playing unless Mary got injured, it was kind of fun. To see all the fans, take in the atmosphere and the great football.

It was 8:15 and we where leaving at 3:30 it took around half an hour to get to old Trafford so we would get there around 4. Find out the line up at 5 30 warm up from 5 45 and start the match at 6 30.
During the day we had an hour of training and 20 minutes of gym. On a normal day at camp that would almost quadruple but sarina Luke's to make sure we are all match ready with as much energy as we can have. Training started at 10 so I started getting ready. I put on my shorts and tank England trading top. Packed my match day bag which consisted of my hairbrush, bobbles, perfume, spare England kit for after the match and all of our warm up stuff which I laid out on my bed because we wear that to go to old Trafford in. Then made my way down to breakfast. I had beans on toast with apple juice and some apple slices before heading to training. Although it was only nine it is nice to just sit on the pitch. Take in the surroundings.

Lucy's Pov-
I had woken up this morning at 8 am before waking up Keira and Adelina. She said to start calling her Scarl. To try and get used to the name. So that's what I'm doing.

It was 9 am by the time me and Keira were all sorted for the day. I then sorted scarls bag for the game. I packed some snacks (maltesers, mini eggs, crisps ext.), some drinks (Lucazade, water, lemonade) and really anything else she said she wanted. It was decided that she would sit next to Ellie on the bench. Sarina has already made sure there was an extra chair put in place for her.

It was 9 20 am and we had just finished eating breakfast. Me and Keira went up to the hotel room to get changed for training but adel- Scarl decided to head down to the pitches. Don't ask me why, because I don't know.  But she did.    

Scarl (Adelina)'s pov-

It has been quite a stressful morning today. With today being the first game of the euros almost everyone is nervous. Especially Keira. She can't stop sweating and shaking. It was scaring me a bit so I decided to come out on the pitch. While o was walking out I saw a blonde figure sat in the place I was going to. As I got closer and closer I realised it was Ellie.

"ELLSS" I ran over and hugged her.

"HEYYY" she said giving back the Same energy.

We talked for a bit before getting to more of a serious topic.
"Ells can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah of course you can ask me anything"

"How are you not nervous. I mean I am and I am not even playing."

"It's not that I'm not nervous it's that there is no reason to be nervous. We knoww that Mary is the number one goal keeper so there is really no point of being nervous when I know it's almost guaranteed that I'm not playing. It's nice to kind of just enjoy the moment you know?" As she replied more people came out and the last training session before the euros begun.

It was now 4:30 and everyone was in the locker room getting ready for warm ups. Less was plating Tooney hair. Lucy was scrolling on instagram while icing her knee, Keira was stretching her feet so they would dribble better. Ellie said that she is superstitious and that she would 'preform badly' if she didn't. Ten rest of the team where  playing uno before getting there training kit on.

Soon enough half 5 came along and Sarina got everyone's attention ready to announce the starting line up.

"So the line up is .......

Mary earps

Lucy bronze
Millie bright
Leah Williamson (c)
Rachel Daly

Georgia stanway
Keira Walsh

Beth mead
Fran Kirby
Lauren hemp

Ellen white

Ok guys let's go have a good warm up!"

As the team all warmed up I stayed in the locker room. I sat in Lucy's cubby and just played on my phone. I tried to call Ella but she said that she was out watching the match. To be fair I'm not surprised. I mean after all she is the biggest woso fan everrr. 

Before I knew it the team came back into the changing room and got match ready. Sarina done her team talk and everyone made there way to Feb subs bench. I sat next to Ellie. I then watched my 'mom' Lucy walk out for the first time. With ten black armband on she was smiling so much. And the little mascot next to her. 

After national anthems it was time to get the tournament underway. As the whistle blew Ellen white got us started.

At first it was a mix of the two teams. England and Austria. However just after the 16 minute mark ....

Heyyyyy! Thanks for being so patient with me over the last few weeks! Hope you are all ok! The next chapter will probably come out on Tuesday or Thursday! Can't wait guysssss you're gonna be so surprised with what happens next .

Also I haven't had time to proofread so apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes 💗