Beomkai- I'm Sorry, I tried

Beomgyu repeatedly kicked the dark wood door with all of his might. It wiggled but didn't budge. "KAI! KAI ARE YOU THERE?!"

"I'M HERE! HURRY!"

Time was running out until Kai's ex came back. Beomgyu was desperate. He backed up against the wall then threw his body against the door. His shoulder was bruised to hell but he tried again. "IT'S-" his arm really really hurt. "-IT'S NOT BUDGING!"

Kai was struggling to get out of his restraints. The rope holding his wrists together started to tear into his skin. Shreds of rope coated themselves in blood as Kai kept twisting at harsh angles. His shoulder popped. He couldn't move. He screamed like hell when he forced it back into his socket.

"I'M ALMOST THERE!" Beomgyu lied to Kai and himself. He wasn't closer to opening the door than when he started. When he charged at it again, his arms knocked back into his face and split his lip. He touched his finger to it. It stung to hell. His bottom lip was almost torn in half down the middle. Scarlet stained his teeth as he spit excess blood out.

Squeaky brakes were heard from the open window. Kai yelled "BEOMGYU! HE'S HOME! YOU NEED TO LEAVE! NOW!"

"NO! I'M SO CLOSE! JUST HOLD ON!"

Kai's heart broke when he heard repeated thuds against the door that wouldn't move. It was never going to move. The door was reinforced with 6 inch nails on all of the hinges. Kai peaked over and saw the car door slam shut. In desperation, he kicked the window with his heel. His sole split open as shards fell to the floor. "FUCK!"

Beomgyu heard glass shatter. "KAI?! KAI ARE YOU OKAY?!"

Kai wasn't okay but the adrenaline was masking all of his pain. He sloppily picked up the biggest shard he could get his hands on and began to saw into the rope that bound his ankles first. The piece sliced through his thumb when it slipped out of his hand. He screamed when he picked it back up. A moment later, his feet were free. The rope kept scraping deeper into his flesh in his attempt to angle the glass to one side. All he needed was one hand free and this would be over.

Beomgyu heard his boyfriend swearing under his breath. His voice was breaking. He had never seen Kai cry and he didn't want to start now.

The front door creaked open. Keys fell into the little dish. Every noise Kai's ex made set his nerves on edge. Beomgyu quietly crawled into another room to look for a weapon and a hiding place. He couldn't be seen. It wasn't himself he was worried about. It was his boyfriend. Last time they were caught running away together, Kai almost died. He wasn't going to let that happen again.

Kai freed his hands. Relief set in for the first time in weeks. His limbs were free. He had complete control of his movements despite the pain he was feeling. His blood was starting to dry on his arms. They itched like crazy. A piece of glass was tucked in his palm when he heard the door unlock. Fear enveloped him when Beomgyu wasn't the one standing in the frame. He whimpered "please don't hurt me again..." His ex charged as him. Kai shrieked "NO PLEASE! I WASN'T ESCAPING THIS TIME! I PROMISE! GOD, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!"

A boot to the chin almost broke his jaw. His arms took the bulk of the blow. His hair was violently yanked upwards as he was brought to his feet. His ex shoved him backwards causing Kai to fall on the broken glass. Shards wedged themselves into his entire back. The ones that hurt the most were the pieces imbedded into his already sliced wrists. When his eyes opened, he saw the piece previously that was previously in his palm was now sticking out of it. Kai pleaded "I'M SORRY! DON'T HURT ME! PLEASE! I'M SORRY! I WON'T DO IT AGAIN!"

Beomgyu started to cry when he couldn't find anything that could be used as a weapon. Hearing Kai plead for his life made him want to sacrifice his own. He frantically dug through the endless amount of storage boxes. Most of it was old files. Thousands of pieces of paper and nothing he could protect his love with. Lids were torn off to reveal more god damn papers. Beomgyu prayed to whoever was listening to give him a weapon.