Yeonkai- Help Me Out

In the two months Yeonjun had been a ghost, he had never come across another one. At one point, he used to hang around hopsitals, waiting for someone to die, in hopes another ghost would emerge.

Turns out that becoming a ghost is actually a pretty rare occurrence. When most people die, they no longer care about their human problems. Their spirits are free. No longer tied to frivolous things like money, their careers or relationships. It actually feels refreshing as they enter the next phase of eternity. The ones who do stay are obsessed with one or more of those categories. So obsessed that they volunteer to shackle their spirits until they reach an acceptable resolution. What that is is up to the individual.

Yeonjun was obsessed with his career. He died in what he felt was the peak of it. He was one of the top acting stars of his generation. He could do it all and he had it all. Relationships were pushed to the side in his constant pursuit for greatness. He didn't chase money but awards. If he hadn't died, he believed he could've won everything.

A fan shot him after he refused to go out with her. The gun came out when the police did. He died in the blink of an eye. Originally, he stuck around to drink in the fame his death created. Those press accolades lasted only a week. To the media, Yeonjun Choi was only worth a week of headlines. He was offended to say the least. People magazine's sexiest man alive, multiple tony award winner, oscar winner and people's choice winner, was reduced to a footnote in week two. After his funeral? Nothing. The world moved on when he couldn't.

Visiting his grave is where he saw his first fellow ghost. There was a man admiring his tombstone. Yeonjun was so excited his loneliness was gone that he shouted "HEY YOU!" across the yard.

Kai jerked upwards. His idol was running in his direction. The person he secretly admired for years was a mere foot away. "Yeonjun Choi? Is that really you?!" His eyes briefly came to life when his idol stuck his hand out. "My name is Kai Huening! I was your biggest fan!"

Having someone admire him again made Yeonjun feel alive. His pride and his ego were reignited. "Pleasure to meet you Kai! I wish these were different circumstances. I would've signed something or offered to take a selfie."

"It's okay! Better late than never! I'm sorry someone shot you."

"Yeah, well... it is what it is. I'm just glad I have someone to talk to now."

"Sorry it's me. I've never been good with people..."

Yeonjun didn't care about Kai's backstory or anything about him. He wanted to hear more about how great he was. "You really were a fan of me?"

"Of course! You're my idol!"

"Why me?" Yeonjun was really determined to be showered with compliments.

"Because... this is really embarrassing. Please don't make fun of me."

"I won't."

"Because I see myself in you sometimes. I know that sounds stupid since I don't really know you but I do occasionally believe I'm like a younger version of you. You're the me that I aspired to be. I'm just sorry you were killed. The world is missing out. Your movies were my comfort and I'm sure your fans miss having their comfort around." Kai looked up at the sky. It was still weird to stare at the sun and not worry about ruining his vision anymore. "I think I did it. I think I can leave now!"

Yeonjun panicked. He didn't want to be alone again. His selfishness demanded for him to have Kai stay. At least until he found another ghost to keep him company. "Wait!"

Kai's life was complete. He not only got to meet his idol but also tell him everything he wanted to say. His obsession now felt like an emotional weight that belonged on earth. He was satisfied. He was ready to go.