1 § the original

Emily's POV

I woke up to the sound of Elena's scream. "Ey!" My instincts kicked in immediately as I threw the man standing on top of her.

"Trevor!" a very distinct Brittish accent shouted from the stairs. I helped Elena up quickly giving her a meaningful stare to be quiet after checking she was okay apart from some bruises. I'd managed to push him off but it took all my strength.

Whoever they were, they were old. Too old.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" I asked pushing Elena behind me protectively. The woman scowled at me.

"Be quiet." I only glared at her as she stared Elena up and down in awe. "My God you look just like her."

"She's not."

"I'm Elena Gilbert. I'm not Katherine." Elena added, much to my dismay, she radiated helplessness and we didn't want these twats thinking that. We needed to put up a front. I could already feel my anger rising. And when it topped, it didn't end well. 

"I said be quiet!"

"And I said what do you want?!" I shouted back at her, but sure enough that taught me a lesson. Whoever this woman was, she was at least six hundred years older then me as she snapped my neck. Once again.

§§§

"Wake up, please." Elena kept whispering in my ear. She slapped me hard on the cheek. 

"Ow." I opened my eyes. My neck hurt. It felt like a ton of bricks had hit me. "I'm going to kill them." I said glaring at the ceiling. If people displeased me, I got pissed. Some psychologist I met in Florence told me I had IED, Intermittent Explosive Disorder. I say he was exaggerating. 

"Shhh." I frowned at Elena as she held a finger against my lips. 

"What'd they do?" I asked looking at the growing bruise in her cheek. They slapped her. I was going to have their heads. 

"The woman, Rose, said they're running from someone, some vampires, the originals. They said they're going to trade me to them for their freedom."

"The originals? The first generation of vampire's?" Elena nodded looking scared.

"They mentioned someone, Elijah. Have you heard of him?" I frowned, the name sounding oddly familiar. Like it was at the picture was just in my head. I shook my head feeling a migraine coming. 

"No. What's this?" I picked the note from her hand.

Stefan and Damon are coming
-B

I smiled giving it back.

"He's here!" Trevor shouted. I jumped, that was the sound of a terrified man. His entire body shook as he came down the stairs. "This was a mistake."

"No, I told you I would get us out of this, you have to trust me." Rose said way more calmly.

"No!" Trevor was suddenly acting like a madman, who wasbe able to inspire such fear on someone? I suddenly had the feeling I was in over my head. I may be skilled in combat, killed more people than I remembered, but I'd never met someone able to do this to a man. "He wants me dead, Rose!"

"He wants her more!" I grabbed Elena's knee assuringly. They kept shouting and consoling each other until the door banged exactly three times.

Absolute silence filled the room.