5 § dinner party

We walked inside the Grill, Elijah holding the door for us. I spotted Damon immediately waving at us. "I heard you three had quite a meeting of historical minds."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. Though Emily wasn't feeling very well, surprisingly didn't share her bright information with us. But it's okay. I was just telling Elijah how they could meet somewhere private." I scoffed loudly then corrected myself quickly smiling at Elijah. 

"Hello brother. Ric, scoot." I said needing a strong drink. 

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got, uh, papers to grade." I winced at the horrible lie. He wasn't helping his case with Jenna. 

"You know what? We should actually continue this. Let's have a dinner party." Damon's head jumped at Andie's idea. I only stared at them confused. 

"My girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host." I frowned looking for a sign from my brother he wasn't being serious.  

"I didn't think she was capable of her own ideas." I rolled my eyes and gave Matt a sign to get my usual. 

"Don't be mean, Emily." Damon smirked. "Say tonight, maybe? Jenna?" I sighted as they all agreed. 

"It would be a pleasure." Elijah nodded his head my way. Damon turned to me. 

"I have a date actually." I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Invite Liam as well! I really want to meet him." Andie spoke making me look at her bewildered. "He's so sweet, he came by the house this morning with flowers and soup after hearing she wasn't feeling well." I closed my eyes wishing I was anywhere but here. 

I needed to compel Liam to change his phone number so he didn't talk to Jenna again. 

Matt came over with my drink. "You are a lifesaver." I whispered at him.

How I found myself setting up the table with a compelled potato of a human and Jenna, I don't know. Andie kept grilling Jenna on tension's with Alaric, Ric and Damon were being vague somewhere and I just knew tonight wasn't just a casual dinner, Damon had something planned. 

Someone knocked on the door and in a desperate need to remove myself from the situation I went to open it. "Didn't you try to kill me?" I asked the blond man. 

"John, what a surprise. Leave." Damon chirped in. Jenna sighted in disappointment from somewhere behind.

"Jenna told me you were hosting a dinner party for Elijah. Didn't want to miss out on the games." he really was annoying, his face was annoying. 

"There wont be any games." Alaric said. 

Another knock had me groaning as I got up from the couch. "Someone else on the invite list?" I asked right as I opened. Elijah was smirking at me. "Hi--" 

"Thank you for coming!" I didn't get to say anything as Damon took over coming up. 

"Good evening." I took a deep breath walking back as he spoke. "Just one moment." I stopped turning around. "Can I just say that if you have less-than-honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider." I frowned looking at Damon. 

"No! Nothing dishonourable, just getting to know you. You did save my sister's life, quite heroically might I add." I rolled my eyes walking away. 

"That's good." Elijah said before walking inside with a bottle of wine handing it to me slowly. Then he turned around to Damon again. "Because, although Elena and I have a deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?"