19 § lucien

Two months.

That's how long I've been here.

Mystic Falls.

Or more like the outskirts of it.

I remember the day I hopped into Stefan's car, the look of defeat and sadness in Elijah's face. He'd offered to come with, but the mess left behind in New Orleans after Dahlia was too much. And I was too devastated to think clearly in my head. 

We couldn't go home. The boundary around Mystic Falls was set by something Stefan called Travellers. I didn't understand, nor did I care to.

After Damon and Bonnie's funeral, Stefan promised to leave and find a way to bring him back. I knew a lie from him if I ever heard one. He needed time, and I understood that. I was doing the same thing.

I was now an official doctor in the The Whitmore Hospital. I worked under this witch called Jo. At first it started as a way to help everyone, Alaric, Caroline, Elena. I threatened, or more like actually hurt and maimed that pest Luke more then twice, but Elena stoped me. She was actually starting do to just fine.

Now I, wasn't quite sure what I was doing anymore, I was living. Breathing. Waiting. For what I didn't know. It felt like something was going to happen, that this wasn't real, my brother couldn't be dead. Damon was just....

Elijah called often at first, then it resorted to texts. I have to admit, my ability to hold a virtual conversation was as good as my resistance to hold on from punching that bitch Luke.

Liv did a spell confirming my suspicions. I was an original vampire, Esther had used the same spell she did on her children to bring me back. Matching my powers to her sons. I was now indestructible. 

Funny enough, unable to die again.

Or that's what we could come closest to confirming. Nothing was actual proof. Elijah remained oddly quiet on the phone call that I'd told him. He was probably more sceptical then me. But currently, I was quite fine.  

The ER was full of screaming and blood this morning. I ran down the hall putting on a mask as my phone buzzed again.

Good morning.
How are you?

I couldn't help the small smile reaching my face. It felt somehow odd imagining Elijah texting on his phone every few hours. I shut it off, taking a deep breath before straightening up. Jo was already on the patient wrapping his injured leg.

I noticed Elena at the back of the student pack taking notes. It was weird seeing her smile so much, just a month ago she was practically killing herself on the floor of her dorm room. Something had changed about her.

We finished five rounds of patients before I sighted. I needed a break. "Go." Jo had seen my face apparently as she smiled at me. "You've been here since last night on call, you must be tired. Your shift ended three hours ago." I chuckled. "Even for a vampire."

I'd quickly found out she was a witch after coming here. She'd asked I didn't tell anyone and I prized myself on my ability to keep my mouth shut. So I didn't.

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow." I took my coat off shutting everything off from my logs.

"And that gentlemen has been looking at you for a while now." She said with a smirk before leaving. I frowned, turning around. I chuckled, tilting my head at him with a smile. 

Scoffing I walked up to him crossing my arms. "I'm hoping the reason you're here is Caroline and not me." Klaus smiled, his hands locked behind his back.

"I'm impressed. When Elijah said you were taking some time to grieve your brother I imagined more tears and loneliness and less," he looked around the hospital. "this." I rolled my eyes grabbing my bag to leave.