21 § everything

* - is a cue for the music

My head pounded as I got up, having fell asleep in my desk. My laptop was open, the last sentence left in half. My eyes caught a small box shadowing on the opening of the door, that wasn't there before. I stood up to get.

Opening the card on top of it, I frowned; 

7041 St. Charles Ave, Midnight
Your presence would be a delight, 
Tristian

I opened the box finding a black face mask with carved butterflies all around it. A masquerade ball? My phone buzzed again at another text from the thousands Elijah had sent, I sighted rubbing my eyes. He'd even sent a voicemail that Freya did a locator spell on me to make sure I was fine. 

My dissapearing act must've affected him, Klaus had given me a speech on the 'loosing it' act that Elijah had pulled when Dahlia took me, he'd destroyed the living room, punched Klaus, drank himself to death if that was possible and actually risked his life confronting Dahlia. 

Marcel's gym. Let's talk. It said. 

I huffed, packing my stuff up. All that act and still he kept secrets. Secrets he should've told me long ago. It wasn't that he was with her, it was that he decided it wasn't important for me to know. 

The secret library room I'd housed was one of the most secluded places in the city, nobody knew where it was, hidden behind a shelf, so how did the Strix find it? It was the best place to hide and work in the city, and to avoid the world like I was currently doing. I'd finally cracked the code Lucien had in his office that was bugging me until now. It was worse then I thought.

But my head was filled with this newest information , over and over in my head. I knew Elijah cared for Hayley, I'd seen it with my eyes from the other side, but what about the parts that I didn't know. I didn't spend my days pining over him, stalking, I was more concerned with the inevitable ways my brothers found ways to almost kill themselves. 

But something about the way Josh said it, and Marcel looking like he fucked up, left a hole in me. I didn't want to believe it, I'd been broken too many times to let myself be sad over something that. 

I made my way to the gym stopping at the boxing ring. My legs stopped, I didn't feel anything, some vampire's had the ability to shut off their emotions completely, lose control, I on the other hand, had the ability to shut of whatever emotion came to mind. 

To simply not care in that moment. 

And currently I choose this emotion. 

Elijah had Hayley pinned against the boxing ring, his face inches away from her. He let her go instantly as soon as he saw me. "Emily." I stared at him, I could feel the way my heart stopped, the way another crack clicked, yet I ignored it, another reason for me to believe in the worst. 

Did he feel obligated to hold a pretence to me? Live in the past when he had feeling for someone in the present?

I blinked a few times looking away. Hayley had turned her back to me like it was too awkward to look at. 

I scoffed, taking a deep breath. "Where have you been?" Elijah asked like nothing was wrong. 

"I'm just going to leave, but, actually! Since you're here, Hayley." She turned looking at me with those big eyes like she was sorry. "There's something you should know. Being alfa, and all." I took a notebook from my handbag handing it to her, completely avoiding looking at him. "Lucien Castle has been hunting and killing off werewolf packs all over the country, that last one, Malroux, good as gone." She picked it up staring at me concerned. "I think the Crescent pack is next." 

Something Immortalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें