6 § the welcome wagon

It'd been no longer then a week when I got into my first sign of trouble.

Truth be told, if you aren't part of the supernatural community, then you will never suspect that an occurring event has to do anything with the supernatural. The first sign that I came to was during one of the many New Orlean's parades, when a group of men made a show case of their climbing talents.

The second was when an actual witch stared me down like I'd brought the devil with me.

The third encounter, and the last one until now, was when I truly fucked up.

I'd been spending my night at the usual bar I went to. Rousseau's. It felt nice, I'd grown used to the familiar faces of the bartenders, the usual costumers, even the small bands that played every saturday. I'd started to fall in love with the city if I was honest.

It felt like home. 

It all started when one of the usual's approached me, he was fine at first, maybe a little cocky, spoke to me briefly for a few nights in a row. But he knew how to make conversation, I liked his face, dark skin, big eyes, and a smile too sweet for what he was thinking.

I indulged him, it was nice to talk carefree to someone, I first started suspecting he was a vampire when he kept drowning the whiskey's like they were water. I'd learned to blend in with the crowd in such situations, but the way that barista poured him one after another gave you the idea he was more then just a regular.

"So, I don't want to seem to forward, but would you like to come back to my place?" I chuckled placing my drink down. I didn't feel threatened, maybe a little uncomfortable.

I broke up with Liam when I arrived at Whitmore before leaving it all together, he didn't take it well, or more like didn't take it at all. But I'd gone no contact with him until now, having had to change my phone number making sure to text it to Damon.

"I... can't." I said making him frown. He nodded pursing his lips, he was hot, that was for certain. But every time I tried to go further than making out with someone, something held me back. Nothing felt right. "I'm working a shift tomorrow, I'm sorry." 

"That's fine." he said smiling that smile again. "How about I take you to dinner after your shift?" I chuckled. He was definitely persistent. "C'mon."

"What is this here?" His usual friend came to his side making him wince. "Is my friend being rejected?" I smiled awkwardly looking for a way out. "Tell me sweetheart." He placed a hand on my shoulder making my face drop. "Do you really like him?" He removed his hand with a smirk. He just tried to compel me.

I cleared my throat putting the drink down. "I should go." This confused the two men as I placed my bill down. "Goodnight Diego." I said putting my coat on.

"Hey hey hey!" His friend followed me outside. "You're not one of the witches." He shouted behind me as I just kept walking. "Stop!" I did so with a sigh turning around.

"And you care because?" I asked him rolling my eyes.

"There's a new order around here, sweetheart." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"And I care because?" He chuckled closing in on me. "Whatever you think you're going to do, think it twice. I'm not as weak as you might think, sweetheart." Suddenly two giant men appeared behind him along with Diego. I scoffed.

"Every vampire living in the Quarter answers to Marcel." I looked at him confused.

"Marcel? Who's Marcel?" They didn't answer before grabbing me by the shoulders pushing me inside a building as I tried to get away but three on one wasn't very good odds. "Let me go! The fuck?! Who the fuck do you think you are?!"