7 § I'm back

I panted against the wall, sweat dripping from all over me. Every cell in my body wanted to tare apart. My head was a pounding drum as I finished another blood bag, curtesy of Marcel. 

"This is a full workout you know? I already get told I'm skinny." Davina chuckled at my jokes. I got a feeling she didn't get visitors often up here. 

"It will all come back, like dominoes, I just have to find the moment they compelled you." I nodded closing my eyes.

Marcel had left half an hour in, after we'd made no absolute progress, he had a city to control. It's been six hours now. The sun is up and I feel like ripping my own heart out. I still don't remember jack, but Davina was sure it was because it happened so long ago and so much was taken away. 

I sighted, drinking more water. My phone rang in my pocket. The name pushed all the pain and tiredness away as I stood up. "Elena?" I answered. 

"Ugh thank God Emily, I've been calling you all morning." I frowned. 

"Yeah, I've been a little occupied doing... something. What's going on?" I asked panting as I paced the room trying not to fall over every step.  

"I woke up Elijah." I stopped blinking a few times, not sure I'd heard her right. "Emily, are you there?" 

"I don't know, I think I heard you say, you woke up Elijah. And that would be incredibly stupid of you now wouldn't it, considering it was you who put him there in the first place." I heard the small scoff coming from her. I also managed to hear another heartbeat in the room. "Do Damon and Stefan know?" 

"They probably do by now. Look, Elijah won't make a deal with me until he knows you are okay." I sighted, chuckling as I used a towel to wipe my face from all the sweat before thinking better of it and putting it down, it was dirty, like everything here. I didn't do germs. "Where are you?" 

"Praying." Davina scoffed sitting on the bed. "You disturbed my private, intimate moment." Elena didn't speak for a second. "Am I to assume he's there with you now? I can hear him breathing." 

"Yes." Shaking my head I sat on the chair again motioning to Davina I was ready, there was no time to waste. "He want's to know what you're doing? Were you... running?" I paused, a smirk on my face. 

"No. Maybe. Cardio is good for the heart." If he could turn his back on me, I could do just the same, twice as worse. "I'm with a friend." Davina smiled at me, she probably had no friends. There was a pause on the other and before I heard him speak. 

"Where is she?" 

"We'll be in touch Elena. I'm doing just fine." I hung up throwing the phone on the floor again. And Davina was at it again. 

§§§

I screamed one last time falling to the floor. 

"Your filth is a poison in this earth!" He seethed holding me up against the wall. 

"Says the maker." 

"I'm sorry. I'm trying." Davina whispered leaning down. 

"No, no ..." I stoop up holding myself up against the wall. 

"You will forget you ever met my children, you will rot for eternity in your own grave---

"I-- I think I remember. It was-- Davina it was Mikael. Mikael! I remember him! Davina!" I looked at her, a smile coming to my face, "I remember now, oh my God, it was him, at-- at the opera house! It was burning to the ground--" She looked at me confused. "He thought I ran away with Elijah but-- but we got separated in the fire, so I went to the opera house, where I found Marcel, he was--