17 § eternal love

Sandpaper. 

Pain. 

Water. It was trickling down my face. 

I couldn't tell how long I'd been in here. She came and went. Whispered some things that were hard to understand. But she told me everything. She told me I was special, that I was her friend, told me that she lifted my curse, then she told me there was a price to pay. 

A secret. She said. One I would later have to pay. 

"The bond of family is not a bond forged by choice.

She told me she was keeping her word. To my mother

My mother was dead. I didn't understand. I could hardly think straight. 

She laughed at me. 

She talked a lot. All I could hear was her voice. 

It hurt. Everywhere. 

A trickle of blood ran down my lips. 

And suddenly my eyes opened up. 

It took me a while to see where I was. There were two people standing in front of me. 

"Why do you need her?" It was Klaus's voice. He must be here to rescue me. He must have a plan. 

"She is what's known, as a debt paid. She must complete the cycle, then she is free." 

"We will use her. Against my family." I groaned. What was happening? Why was he with her?

I was hanging from somewhere, my arms ready to be cut off. "Klaus." I whispered as my vision came to me. 

"Ah good! You're awake." He came forward, my eyes burned so much, I was so weak. Tired. He was smiling at me. "Now there's something I need you to do for me." He looked me in the eyes as he kneeled down. "I want you to break my brothers heart again. This time, you'll do it in front of his eyes." He spoke slowly as he compelled me.

§§§

My legs walked for me, I could feel the tears dripping down but there was nothing I could do. I was helpless. I was in no control of myself. The wooden door creaked and I looked inside, slowing, before entering. I didn't want to. I didn't want to. 

I was scared.

There were paintings in the ground, commotion, Dahlia was standing over someone, she didn't pay attention to me as she chased the girl that was crawling on the floor. But the screams were coming from upstairs, in the balcony. 

A familiar voice took my attention, and I was met with the eyes of Elijah, Klaus had his head pressed against the banisters, looking down at me. "Elijah?"

Panic covered his face as he was barely able to shake his head. "Here we are brother, you take something from me, and I'll take something back. Maybe the third time is the charm, no?" 

"No. No!" Elijah screamed as tears rolled down my face. It was getting hard to breathe. 

"Emily, be a sweetheart and take off your daylight ring." My heart sank, no, I could feel my limbs tremble. I didn't recall a time I felt more terrified. 

Elijah was screaming at me. I didn't want to die. Not again. Not again. I wasn't going back there again. 

"Elijah close your eyes." I said, my hand lifting on it's own accord. "Elijah, please! I can't stop myself."