Epilogue

Third POV

The Mystic Falls library was one of the few places Emily Salvatore managed to tolerate on this two pony town her brothers managed to fall back into. It was bad enough she grew up here with her abusive father, but she had to stay here longer to help them. 

She hated this place. There was nothing more to say. 

"So her exact words were; Tell Damon and Stefan I want the moon stone, or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood..." Damon threw another book on the table, making more students raise their heads. Emily sighted annoyed.

"You do realise, I don't care?" 

"A bit dramatic if you ask me. Desperate almost. Mason's death took her by surprise, now she's acting scared." He continued pretending not to hear her. He threw another book, from some other random shelf. "She wants it tonight. At the masquerade ball." She rolled her eyes as he sat on the opposite chair. "You're coming." 

"No. I have an exam in..." She pretended to check her watch. "less then twenty four hours." 

He shut the heavy book pushing it away to the floor with another thud. "Our brother wants to kill Katherine Pierce tonight and you want to study microscopic killer insects." She glared at him. 

"Katherine has nothing against me, she can die in hellfire or sip tea with me at the grill tomorrow for all I care. Do whatever you want Damon. But I'm back because Jenna asked me to help Jeremy, not to get involved in doppelgänger business again." 

Jenna was the only friend in almost two hundred years that Emily had ever made. She'd first met her in some random phycology lesson Emily attended when first waking up from her "slumber". It was easy with Jenna, even if she didn't know who she truly was. She helped her in a time when nothing made sense. And for that Emily felt eternally in debt to the human. 

"But that's exactly what makes you so perfect Em! She likes you." 

"And I want to keep it that way! She retaliated Damon, because you made me piss her off, and Jenna is in the hospital. Katherine and I have a deal. A peaceful one. I don't want her to hurt the people I love again." Emily whisper shouted at him. Crouching down she picked the book up again fixing the crumpled pages. She felt guilty about ignoring her brothers, but ever since they came to Mystic Falls, nothing good came for her. 

Last year they raised all the vampires from the tomb and half of them wanted her dead. Then, they pissed of a werewolf, who exposed her to the council that hunted her down and tortured her. It took everything in her being not to rip the sherif's head off. 

Katherine only liked Emily because she was the first one to figure out she was a vampire back in the 1800's and befriend her either way. She'd been turned for months before her brothers and no one was the wiser. 

"Em." Damon's face turned serious. "This is the last time you will have to deal with her. Deal, or no deal." Emily looked him in the eyes. It was a rare occurrence for Damon to be this serious. 

"It never ends well Damon." She's spend more then half of her life desiccated in their family crypt, never remembering how she got there until Stefan found her coincidentally thinking she'd been dead the entire time. 

She'd been alive for 158 years but only lived so many of them. 

"Help me kill her once and for all. You know she will do it again." She sighted, there was never a scenario where she wouldn't be roped into helping her brothers.