14 § the day we met again

I held my breath as we waited in line to enter the compound

I held my breath as we waited in line to enter the compound. Klaus had taken every precaution that no one uninvited was entering. "I'm not on the guess list." I said to Marcel. 

"I texted Klaus, he said he'd take care of it. He was actually quite happy that you're coming." I raised an eyebrow at him. Happy?

Klaus had indeed taken care of it. We walked inside, the place was unrecognisable from all the white, we were some of the last people to enter. My heart was beating too hard and fast as we sat down. 

"Calm down." Marcel whispered. "I think all the wolves can smell you." I scoffed at him. 

"I'm pretty sure all they smell is my Miss Dior." Marcel smiled shaking his head. Dying and reviving hadn't removed my taste for expensive shoes, designer clothes and iconic perfumes. 

"You look great." I smiled at him. 

We sat next to Josh who was holding Aiden's hand, and Davina. "Hi." I smiled at her. "Thank you, for, well you know." 

"It's nothing. Have you talked to Kol?" I frowned looking around. 

"No, he said he'd be here." She nodded, but I didn't miss the concern in her face. Kol hadn't told her. Suddenly, partying wasn't my priority anymore as I texted him quickly. 

Everyone stood up, Marcel tapped my shoulder to follow suit as we watched Hayley and Jackson ascend the stairs were... Mary, was waiting. I smiled, I remembered Mary. She was one of Lana's pack, just a young girl back then. A teenager. "Is that--

"Yeah, she asked me about you the other day. When she learned you were back, she convinced the wolfs on a truce. Your merit." Marcel whispered. I smiled. 

The ceremony began as Jackson and Hayley said their vows, creepily I began to feel a pair of eyes on my back. The hair on the back of my neck was rising. 

The feeling only intensified and suddenly I couldn't stand it. I turned my head slightly up, Klaus, I managed to see, and next to him was someone I couldn't mistake. I turned around quickly. 

Marcel noticed turning around fully, then looking back at me. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked half smirking. I glared at him. 

"Is he looking?" He chuckled. 

"Oh, he's looking alright. Not sure he knows it's you though. Yet." I closed my eyes, biting my lip. He's here. I felt more terrified then anything. 

I half watched the party go on, half checked my phone for Kol. He wasn't answering me. I felt terrible, he helped me, time and time again, and I was powerless to do anything. I tried calling him again. 

"We're dancing." Marcel took my hand pulling me to the dance floor. I groaned as he pulled me forwards. "That was the deal, no complaining." He grabbed my phone, stuffing it in his jacket.