8 § suspicion is the greatest weapon

When I entered the house it felt different. I'd been lucky I didn't crash anywhere from the number of times I'd passed out and continued to do so.

But I needed to keep my cool inside the house. I didn't want Damon and Stefan knowing yet what I'd done. They hated Klaus, and Elijah as far as I knew, I couldn't tell them what part I played in that group. Elena was gone when I went inside the living room giving Stefan a short nod.

"Jenna." I sat at the edge of the couch looking at her. A sad smile on my face. "How much do you know?" I didn't know what else to say. She chuckled sarcastically shaking her head.

"I know you're--

"A vampire." I finished. She wiped her tears and I handed her a glass of bourbon. "You don't have to be afraid Jenna."

"Right. You just drink human blood, and can't... die." She said nodding.

"The dying part is debatable, but the blood thing depends, see Stefan eats bunnies and Bambies, I myself prefer my food prepackaged." She laughed as I took her hand in mine. There was a pause in the air before she dragged me near her and hugged me tightly. "I missed you. I'm sorry I left, there was just so much-- I won't leave you anymore." I laughed in her arms.

"I missed you too. You seem different." I froze. "New Orleans was good for you." I smiled awkwardly breaking away. "So everyone knew but me."

"It's not something to be happy about, Jenna. Knowing this, it makes you a target, you see the world differently, notice things you will wish you didn't."

"Do you regret it?" She asked me after a while after Stefan left. I looked at her. "Becoming a vampire."

"If you'd asked me that last night I would've said yes." She frowned. "I was-- the reason I was always so, down, as you used to say, was that I lost a years of my life from memory."

"Emily..." She said with concern.

"Then just this morning, an old friend, Elijah's friend, got them back for me." I smiled my head going back to all the memories I'd been getting back all day. "I've been passing out all day as I put the pieces back together. Didn't stop me from driving here, just so you know, I'd risk my life for you." I chuckled as she hit my arm playfully. "I mean it. You mean a lot to me. You're the only person who brought some life into me." We smiled at each other. 

"I'm guessing they're good memories. You can't stop smiling. I've never seen that." She said and I leaned my head on her shoulder. I bit my lip looking up at the ceiling.

"More then good Jenna." She chuckled.

"Who is he?" I fully laughed standing up.

"What gave you that idea?"

"Your face is saying it all, so who is he? Another vampire? Someone in New Orleans?" I chuckled shaking my head.

"Let's just say you were right." She frowned. "He was full blown stalking me, if I do say so myself." Jenna's mouth gaped and she held her hand over her mouth.

"No!" I raised my eyebrows straightening up to drink some more, I was going to need the courage if I was to face him now. "Wow. I have no words. And he didn't say anything to you?"

"He did, vaguely, I think he was scared. I, of course was in denial, thanks to his father believing I was a good for nothing disgrace on this earth, living with the belief there was no point to anything. And I was so rude, and cold, and practically throwing Liam in his face, God that must've pissed him off."

"Um, talk about a toxic family, how did his father do that again? Wait, he has a father?" I stuttered not knowing where to start.

"Oh yeah." I covered my eyes dropping my head. "We were... together together. I don't even know what to say to him? Ever since this morning I haven't been able to think of one thing to say."