13 § bad habits

I paced the crypt for over an hour before Kol showed up. "Where the hell have you been?" I asked angrily. 

He slumped in the sofa without saying another word, I was going to scold him, probably shout something about keeping me waiting here, but I stopped, tears were running down his face. "What happened?" 

"Where have you been? Finn has locked me in this body, he cursed me Emily." I sat down next to him grabbing his hand, I gulped at the x engraved in his palm. 

"Kol, I--" his nose started to bleed the same time his phone began ringing, he stood up answering in rage. It was Finn, asking to make a deal. He wanted Klaus's blood. 

"Kol no." I said as he grabbed the diamond, "Kol, you and I both know he can't heal you. He's lying! Kol listen to me--"

"Since when did you care about me!" He turned around shouting, "I know he can't heal me! But I'll be damned if I let my brother be happy while I rot." With that he ran away just before he threw dust in my face making me lose consciousness. 

§§§

I woke up grunting to the sound of my phone. It was Kol. 

"I'm going to kill you before your clock ticks out." I said answering immediately. It was mean, but my headache was worse. 

"Hold your threats. Meet me at the old cathedral bell, quickly."

"What is it now?" I asked grunting as I stood up. 

"Just trust me." 

The cathedral was only ten minutes away from the cemetery, I got there before him pacing the room. "You're late." I said after hearing footsteps. Klaus stopped once he saw me standing in the middle. Behind him was Kol and some woman. 

"I'll be damned." she said smiling. "Emilia Salvatore." I frowned, I'd never seen this woman in my life before. She was grinning like it was Christmas. 

"You're working for Finn now?" Klaus asked with venom. "All that talk about hating him, was that just another lie?" I frowned. 

"Kol, explain yourself." I said crossing my arms. He walked behind Klaus slowly, I could see he was in pain, as he pursed his lips. "How are you feeling?" I whispered, he gave me a pointed look before continuing. 

"I asked her to be here. Emily knows old magic best, she spend the most time with mother and Finn, she'll know what they're up to better then me." He said to Klaus.

"And in that time you were with my mother, did she happen to mention what her intentions were, besides eradicating my family." I sighted checking Kol's bloodshot eyes, he was deteriorating from the inside out. 

"No," I said, "I was too busy screaming." Letting Kol attend his magic, I stared at the woman who was staring at me like I was an angel. "And you are?" 

"You haven't changed." She said smiling. "It's Rebekah, love, my mother's doing. Or more like Kol's." She said glaring at her brother slightly. I widened my eyes. "Does Elijah know you're back?" I shook my head. She looked at me disappointed. 

"Not until I find out a way to keep myself from dying again." I said with a shrug, freezing in place as she ran to give me a hug. I separated from her slowly looking around the room. "So what are we doing?" I said, there was a table full of dust laying around. "What is this?" I picked up a small piece of wood, Kol took it from me reluctantly chanting.