Peaceful Moment

Ah yes, this was like heaven! Or close to it! Well, because the only thing which could top this feeling was the usual thrill of a gamble, having all that dopamine rush right through you. But he wasn't going to complain about the current situation either. After all, it had been a very close second.

Dice had barely any memory how it had happened and frankly he wasn't going to bother to remember how. Because next thing he knew was that he head been laying against, or rather between, their thighs and having leaned backwards, just enjoying the feeling right now. Even he could appreciate peace and quiet once in a while after all. He was just relaxing there, having the time of his life. He even looked as if he had been in bliss, their fingers going through his hair and stroking it softly. He had been at the brink of purring. This felt so good! This has to be a dream, right!?

"Worth it~" He let out a grin which was unable to leave his face. This was a victory on its own, a sweet taste of victory. And they had not pulled away, far from it. Imagining it or not he liked to think that he had heard a soft chuckle coming from their lips as they kept on stroking the top of his head. It was so tempting to just drift off to sleep right then and there. His eyes had gotten heavy for a second at least, close to drifting off to dreamland. But he would not be getting his chance, at least not anytime soon.

"Like a cat~" They suddenly brought up which made the male widen his eyes in one go, a little bit in shock, and he could feel his cheeks heating up. This comparison out of nowhere—

"W... Wait a sec... Cat?" He repeated, asked even, his gaze tilting up for a moment, only to spot them smile ever so softly. They were unbothered by his expression, it seemed, truly unfazed. Instead it made them scratch his head instead, much to his surprise. But... It was not a bad thing, far from it.

"Haha, yeah. A wet cat you know. Right from the cardboard box~" They responded, saying it so shamelessly, no hesitation whatsoever. And it only got him more flustered.

"Where's that comin' from now?" He asked, almost sounding annoyed. Even if he wasn't really annoyed. He just didn't know how to process this at the time. No, he would not know how to process this either way. Not even now. It was something to take in and a comparison he did not really expect to hear. Was that a good thing or—

"Oh, it's always been this way. I just never got a chance to tell you." They responded, humming shortly after.

It only made Dice grumble quietly, embarrassment written all over his face however. "Seriously Ann... Watch your words..."

He didn't hate it, not as much as he initially thought. And yet, it was still a lot to process, a lot more than he expected. His brain nearly stopped working at that thought, perhaps maybe overthinking their words in the end. Like a cat... He? They must have something in their eyes here or something. This was not possible. It couldn't be possible! But it was so hard to focus! Especially with your head scratched so softly, making you give into the temptation and suddenly purr!

"Hm? Watch my words? Why's that?" They asked him, their voice still cheerful and a little playful. Though it was a good question... Why? Why would he warn them?

But maybe, perhaps, the answer was more obvious than thought. When thinking back on their interactions... Actually, if he thought back on anything it was... Something, a feeling Dice could never put into words. It got his face all warm and his mind was spinning, almost like crazy. He couldn't focus when actively thinking about it. It was truly impossible to get his head straight in such a situation. He was not one to dwell on it for long if ever at all, of course not. And yet... When it crossed his mind he just couldn't focus. They were confusing him yet oddly enough... It was not a bad thing. It was as if there were some odds. And it was a different type of adrenaline rush. He loved those rushes more than anything, finding it so exciting. His entire body being fired up, pounding, never sure what to expect. It was tempting to stay, almost addictive. He wanted more than this. Way more than this. Maybe he was—

Ah, no. He was getting ahead of himself again, a little too much maybe. His thoughts were almost jumping the gun here, again. Actually, the more he tried to think about it the more he was drifting off somewhere else whenever possible. And yet, that somewhere else was always the same topic before he knew it. The same thing...

On top of that he did enjoy their presence. A bit too much? Possibly and yet he would not stop cherishing those moments... Time passed faster, even with peaceful moments like this. It wasn't boring, it would never cross his mind. He was... Fond of this time, fond of Ann. He just didn't know how to put it. It felt... Weird. The type of weird where he didn't know how to put it. Hah, why does this have to be so complicated?

"Uh... 'cuz... People might get the wrong idea!" He argued in the end, protesting. And yet, it only made their head tilt once more, further to the side, almost seeming to fall over.

"Wrong idea? But it's just us."

"Ah— Yeah! But just in case!"

"Is it just too embarrassing for you~?"

"No! That ain't it!"

"Haha, alright alright~ If you say so."

A slight grumble escaped his lips. They were saying that but they would find a way to get back to it, or something. Was this a game to them? For some reason he hoped not... But no use thinking about it too hard. Because oddly enough...

Dice was never going to complain about the time he spent with Ann, especially not if it was something like this. Because despite everything he would indulge in this peaceful moment for as long as he could.

And if it was a dream he wished to never wake up from it.