The (Last Minute) Concert

Going out with Dice was always an adventure of its own… No, really. One could never know what to expect. Just when Ann thought they had figured him out, he was pulling something else completely out of nowhere and completely threw them off. It was as if these had all been spontaneous decisions, right on the spot! Actually, they probably were. Yeah, most likely. If he had planned any of this, this all may have been the most chaotic planning they had witnessed in ages. And they thought they lacked necessary organization skills to survive in this modern world. He was teaching them that it could be worse apperantly.

None of their dates seemed to have much of a plan either. The planning usually only went so far:

“Yo Ann, ya got some time on her hands? 

“ Huh? Well, a little. Why– 

“ Great! Come with me for a while, will ya? 

“ Eh!? That– 

“ It’s a date, duh! 

“ A date!? Wait but— 

“ Don’t sweat the details! Let's just go! 

And that was usually it. The exact opposite of Ramuda who was always asking days if not even weeks in advance if they were up for going out, let alone if they had time. It was barely on a whim and if it was, it was usually not that big. A meeting by chance leading to something, a small hangout or something like that. A proper warning ahead at the very least, with time to prepare.

With Dice however… There was none of that. He usually just came over or took the chance when spotting them out of nowhere. He would grab them and dash off, if they had the time that is. And this had been one of those times. The first few times it had caught them off guard yet the more times he had done so they got used to it. And yet, it would always overwhelm them all the same, at least a little bit. Given that he always came up with it out of literal nowhere. And they could never predict what he had been up to next. And it would always take them a while to figure out what he was up to for the day.

They had several questions when they were dragged along, from place to place, from… Trash can to trash can? Yeah, from trash can to trash can. He was roaming around them, his hands seeming to search for something and it was a sight to behold. He did so with no shame nor regard what his hands were touching. He had not even been bothered by the smell, roaming around rather carefree. And they just… Well… They had no words for this sight. But it was not too unfitting for him all the same. Though it left them wondering… What was he up to? Why was he so busy with this all of a sudden?

And when they were asking him about this he would always say: “ Just wait a moment! It’s a surprise! I just gotta find somethin’... 

Something? What was something? Something!? But he would not answer that nor explain, insisting on making it a surprise. So they would not figure it out whatsoever. At least not until he had suddenly decided to stop his movements. “Aha! There we go!” They heard him say, grin audible as they heard the sounds of metal clanking against one another. And when he had turned around, it became all too clear to them, at least what he had been looking for. He had both of his hands full, literally, to the point it almost looked as if he was hugging the contents in his arms. 

What were the contents? Cans. Lots of cans. Open cans, old ones, a little smelly… Or that was the rest of the trash lying around. Hard to say. Yet a smell they got used to all the same. Not like they had much of a choice to begin with…