Emergency Lap Seat

It had come out of nowhere, almost like a demand. And why was that? Because of the following:

“Ah, apologies. We only have a table for three people left. “ One of the waiters had apologized, and said table for three was a couch seat and a chair. Everything else had been occupied by all types of other people. It was unusually busy at this time. Then again, maybe this had to be expected on a weekend. The quartet eyed each other for a moment. 

Originally the four of them had planned to eat lunch together, right here, in this café. Ramuda, Gentaro, Dice and Ann had been dragged along against their will by Ramuda. It was a recommendation he had gotten and had insisted that his friends and partner all went with him together to try it out! And needless to say, him having been excited was an understatement. But he did not expect that this new spot in Shibuya had already become that popular.

“That's a bummer…” Ramuda even pouted, one could see that he was clearly not pleased with this outcome. At all.

“Perhaps it is best to come back at a later point.” Gentaro suggested which was honestly the most reasonable approach, an approach one anyone would take. And he had not been alone in that opinion.

“Yeah, pretty much. Let's go somewhere else.” Ann agreed with a nod.

“But I wanna go with you all now.” Ramuda protested. “It’s already rare enough that all of us have some free time to spend together!”

“It can't be helped, can it?” Ann tried to argue. “We can still spend the day together y'know.”

“Maybe… But…”

“Now, now. This place will not be swallowed by the mere ground from one day to the next… Unless it will.” Gentaro remarked, or tried to. “Thou will never know when a giant monster will appear and squish it like a mere bug beneath its feet. I heard that monster attacks within Japan are only increasing by the day.“

“Wha– Really!? No way! Like G*dz*lla!?” Ramuda gasped, as if truly taken aback. And even Dice had wide eyes at this point.

If these circumstances are true, then this place could soon be gone! And besides, Ramuda really wanted to go. And he was right, it was rare for all four to have time to spare like this. Ramuda was traveling around, doing some business deals for his fashion collections and organizing stuff. Gentaro had his author stuff going on, though Dice was not sure how all of that worked. But the guy's busy. As for Ann… They were a uni student and loved to write in their free time. So good luck with that. And Dice… He had casinos, pachinko parlors and horse races to visit! Gambling doesn't do itself!

Long story short, they were all busy people. So this was a rare chance. And Ramuda was really looking forward to this, wasn't he? Yeah, he was. So there was no choice, was there?

“So there's a chance that G*dz*lla will strike here too!?” Ramuda whined.

“Oi Gentaro, that–” Ann was about to say, glaring at the man in question.

He quickly interrupted them however, chuckling. “Haha, calm down. That was a lie.”

It had only earned him an eye roll from Ann. As for Ramuda… He puffed his cheeks a little, peeved looking now. “Yeesh! That wasn't funny!”

“I couldn't resist. Apolo–”

“We're takin’ the table!” Dice suddenly threw in, eagerly. Yeah, even if G*dz*lla wasn't on the loose, there was no reason to back out! It had earned him stares from the other three, all looking at him bewildered.