Sneaky

All the past incidents as far as Ann themself could look back on. It was usually them being forced in place, standing there with a beet red face and at the brink of squealing. Usually it was just when the two had been out of sight, when there were no prying eyes whatsoever. Though sometimes it had been in public, an ever so shameless attempt which would prove itself ever so successful.

Each attempt would get Ann’s legs wobbly, wobblier than they would have liked. Was it there fault!? Well… Sort of yes… After all, they just had to be terribly weak to each attempt, falling for one after the other. Attempts of what? Attempts of Gentaro being ever so teasing towards them.

It had not stopped. Then again, they had honestly expected it not to, given how he was. He loved to mess around with his friends. Dice in particular was a target he would choose often. And they could not blame him, they themself loved to mess with Dice one way or another, either verbally or physically. It was very hard for them to resist. Make him flustered and go all red, or shocked because he believed something a little too easily~

Well, if one was to see it that way, then one may argue that Ann was just getting a taste of their own medicine at the end of the day. In a sense… Yeah, they were. They were somewhat aware of that. And yet… Even when they were supposed to expect it, they had been caught off guard either way. Always so shocked, so flustered, ready to just run off from whatever had been thrown at them. It can range from a simple blow into the ear, to the soft voice saying the most embarrassing things right into their ear or even being seated on his lap for a mere lie Gentaro came up with on the spot. The methods seemed to be endless and he always came up with something new to drive them over the edge, make them unable to concentrate or keep their thoughts straight… Or straighter than themself at least.

But they had to try something! Or they wanted to! They couldn’t sit there, all idle and let Gentaro do his thing! Oh no! Today would be payback time! Unannounced of course or he could maybe catch onto their little plan. He was no fool. And honestly, he probably could predict their move if they asked to meet him or something like that. Just look at them and have a quick counter. It was that easy for him, or so it seemed. No, Ann had to step up their game. So it was just a moment of chance… One which had come rather soon.

Though the first few minutes they had felt a little foolish. After all, they had spotted Gentaro by sheer luck outside and thus were trying to sneak around. All he had been doing was sitting on that bench, his notebook opened in front of him yet not seeming to write anything in it. Instead he was just looking around, each time gazing at one passerby after the other. It was something he was doing constantly, even at the café both met at from time to time and none of the two had something to say to the other. He may as well be absorbed in watching those people walk right past him.

That just meant one thing… It was time to strike!

So that was what they did, sneak by, past some other people at the park who… Probably threw weird glances at them, let’s be honest. But they could not let that bother them. They ignored it in fact, all too used to it by now anyway.

Besides, they had to concentrate. Sneaking from one tree trunk to the other, out of side, or even behind a bush here and there. It was luckily a little busy at the park so hearing noises like these were not uncommon. It was unlikely that he would turn around as a result, or so they hoped at the very least. Sneak, sneak, sneak. Let nothing distract you!

And just like that they had gotten closer and closer, stopping at nothing. Quiet steps, regardless of circumstances… Very quiet ones… And they only got closer and clo–

Yet when too close by now, only millimeters away from the young author, they froze. Wait… They had not thought this through! Shit… What were they going to tease him with there? A simple scare? But that’d be too easy. Besides, he never stroke them as someone who was easily startled. Uh… What else was there? Boo? No no no, that’s even worse! Maybe a sudden opener, make him believe that his editor had caught him or something like that. But who was his editor? Name? Uh… Ann had no idea, not that much at least… This was going great… So it wasn’t. How to pay him back? How? How how how!? Ok maybe they were acting a bit too hasty so—