Roses

Long she waited for James to come. Rosemont spend her days mostly receiving advices from the queen and her lady Margaret. She was confused about this woman's role in the court and mostly by the queen's side. People talk. Rumors has it that lady Margaret used to be the king's mistress back in the Highlands. Rosemont wondered why would the queen keep her by her side since everyone seem to know.

Many things Rosemont couldn't understand about the queen. She was an odd person. She was scared of her in a way. Seeing how far she could go flicking the nerves of the princess, James wife. And not only hers her family's as well. It was a pure insult for them that the queen demanded for Rosemont to stay in the castle.

The princess of Edinburgh. Another rose with thorns and poison, she thought. Caroline seems like a dog who barks,she wasn't so much afraid of her. More like she felt shame whenever they'd cross paths.

Two months later, the king returns to the capital with all his troops. All his captains, all his lords. He came back victorious. Rosemont wasn't allowed at the state dinner they did for the lords but she hoped that James will gave some time to visit her.

Indeed the prince marched in her chambers sometime later. Rosemont was standing by the window, hearing the door opening she turn around to see him. She blushed and looked down. James breaks a small smile. He walked closer and pull her to a deep kiss to her surprise. "Your grace.." she mumbled on the kiss before she close her eyes.

"I missed you.." he says almost like a whisper. He looked into her brown eyes and his hands audibly falls on her swollen belly. "You look well." He remarks. "Is my child tormenting you much?"

"No,your grace." She smiles shyly.

James heart pounds feeling her belly moving with his touch. She looked well and her pregnancy was going well too that's all that matters. "Have they been kind to you here?" He asked. "Tell me,Rosemont. Did something happened while I was gone?"

Subtly she shakes her head. "No,your grace." She says calmly. "The queen..took care of me." She had to admit. She was treated better than a princess.

Hearing the mention of Sarah James frowns. "She better did." He murmured. "And for God's name. Stop calling me your grace when we're retired in our chambers."

"Our chambers?" She asked surprised.

"You don't want me here?" James cocks his brows.

"No..no on the contrary. I'd love to have you here..but.." she hesitated. "Won't princess Caroline..want you.."

"To kill me?" He scoffed. "Yeah she tried that many times already."

"What?" She widen eyes from shock.

"Tried to poison me." James admitted taking off his cloak. "I have no proof to that regard but I'm very sure that she had put her hand to that."

Rosemont was silent for a moment. Thinking all that he just stated. As it seems she shouldn't underestimate Caroline either. "Would she harm m.."

"No." He cuts her off before she finished. "I would never allow that." He cup her face and kiss her again. "Ever.." he murmured. Rosemont felt him moving forward,making her step backwards until her back was glued on the wall. She felt his hot breath on her neck making her hair stand. "I missed you.." he whispers deeply kissing the side of her neck. She felt his hands all over her. Palm her buttocks and squeezed them gently as his mouth kisses her skin. "I want you.." his need was on display now. Hands crawl up right under her skirts.

"James.." she gasped and stops him. "We can't do this." She says breathless watching him like a panicked deer.

"Why not?" He furrow brows.