Chapter 6 - Change

"Things are changing. There's no denying that."

Everyone had been shouting for you to hurry, Liam had too at first but then he realised it was no use. He heard Gally call out for you to leave Alby, but he knew you would never leave Alby or anyone like that.

So he ran.

Pfft. But didn't get far.

They saw he was gonna run, so Gally and the other more stronger guys stood ready to tackle him if necessary. And they did.

Struggling under five strong guy's hold, Liam had watched in horror from the other side of the closing doors, until you disappeared.

You were as good as dead now, no one survives a night in the maze.

He's usually very strict about the rules that keep them safe, but he was going to break one if it meant getting to you. Even if it would be to just spend whatever time he had left with you.

All he could think about was the last time he held you, the last time he kissed you, the last time he told you he loved you. Now he would never get the chance again.

After the door closed they let go of Liam and he sat up immediately pushing them unnecessarily away from him, angry.

They all look at him with sad and sympathetic look, sad themselves at the loss off their friends.

Liam had just fell to his knees in front of the doors and stayed there.

...

It was dark now.

You had to be cold, was a thought that kept repeating itself in his mind. You had always been a cold one. Freezing every night, having to use multiple blankets at night until you became a couple. From then you would just sleep in his arms, his body heat alone keeping you warm and content.

He hugged himself, feeling empty and lonely.

...

The Maze rumbles in the morning as it goes to open the doors for the day.

Liam scrambles to his feet, loosing balance a bit from having sat in one position the whole night.

"Hey guys, get up!" Chuck shouts having stayed by Liam close to the doors.

Everyone comes up the gate as the doors open. On the other side it's empty.

"Told you, Chuck. They're not coming back." Newt tells Chuck sadly.

Everyone but Liam and Chuck moves to leave. Chuck looking after them.

Hearing a grunt, Liam squints his eyes and doesn't hesitate to run when he sees you.

Zart had glanced behind them and saw the same as Liam.

"No way." He mumbles.

Chuck turns around and sees Liam running up to you and Thomas carrying Alby.

"Yeah! Yes!" He exclaims and everyone turns around.

Liam comes up and even though he wants to tackle you in a long passionate kiss, he holds back to help get Alby to safety, seeing how exhausted you and Thomas look. He takes Alby from you and Thomas, making Thomas eyes widen at him just easily carrying Alby out of the Maze.