Chapter 3 - Cranks

"It was Aris, right?"

"Come on. Open up." Minho says and they slide open the door.

You look around curiously.

"Looks like people lived here." Minho says.

"Where are they now?" Newt says.

"Let's pack some of this stuff up." Thomas says putting on a jacket. "Anything you think you might need. We'll split up, see what we can find. Meet back here."

"Wait, Thomas." Newt says but Thomas ignores him.

"Let's go." He says and leaves with Minho.

...

(Scene with Thomas and Minho.)

...

(Scene with the others, Y/N with them.)

You hold up two jackets and take one of them on you. Glancing around you see the others have already found a jacket, but not the kid as he continues to look around.

Walking up to him you tap his shoulder from behind, startling him.

"Sorry." You croak out before clearing your throat and repeating it more clearly. "Didn't mean to scare you. See if this fits." You tell him.

He takes it and tries it on, fitting perfectly he gives you a grateful smile. You manage to force a small smile back.

"Hey, you okay?" He tries to ask you then regretting it. "Sorry, that's probably a stupid question right now." He says and you can't help but chuckle a little.

"It's okay." You reassure him then answer his question. "No, I'm not okay. Not sure i ever will." You answer honestly looking sadly down at your feet, even though he probably doesn't know you're referring to the loss of Liam and not the situation.

Shaking your head slightly, you look back at the boy again.

"It was Aris, right?" You ask and he nods.

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Y/N." You tell him and watch as something looking like sudden recognition of the name flashes his face before he frowns looking at your face.

Aris also felt somewhat familiar in your presence but didn't know why. Your name made something inside him recognise it, but he had never seen your face before. Atleast that he could remember.

You both had no recollection of your memories before you were sent into the Mazes.

A feeling of growing protectiveness grew inside you as you looked at the boy, you shrugged it off as being like that with all your boys.

But what both of you didn't know was that before each other, stood your biological sibling. Aris is your little brother, but both of you don't remember anything about each other.

The lights turns on and you look up at it, then around the room at the others, before grabbing your stuff and going to meet up with the others.

...

(Scene with Thomas and Minho.)

...

"What's going on?" Winston asks meeting up with you and the others.

"I don't know." Frypan answers.

Then you hear shouting in the distance.

"Hey!" You turn and see Thomas and Minho running toward you. "Run!"

Confused you frown squinting your eyes to see why they're running, when multiple figures appear behind them from around the corner, chasing them. Your eyes widen when you hear the screeching sound.

Soon you're all running away from whatever is chasing Minho and Thomas.

(Scene with cranks chasing them.)

Suddenly one of those types of creatures are in front of you. Aris was in front of you with a bat. You hurriedly grab him and push him back to the others, taking the bat.

"Y/N, no!" Winston exclaims.

"No!" Newt and Minho shout.

But you punch the creature in the leg with the bat. It flies forward and falls down on the ground. Unfortunately, to avoid it, Thomas and Teresa gets separated from the rest.

More of those things that is chasing you appear from where you came from and you have to keep running.

As you run you give Aris the bat back so he has something to protect himself with.

(Scene with cranks chasing them.)

Behind you Newt gets tackled by one of those things.

"Newt!" You exclaim and try to run back, but Thomas beats you to it and kick it off him.

"Newt, you good?" Thomas asks as you and him helps him up.

"Yeah. Thanks, Tommy." He says.

You all se more of those things or people or what used to be people running toward you, screeching. Yup, definitely not people anymore.

(Scene with cranks chasing them.)

...

You hide under some debris with everyone, trying to stay quiet.

Listening to the screeching in the distance. Until you fall asleep.