Chapter 3 - On the Road

"You guys almost lasted a whole day."

(Scene with Minho in WCKD.)
...

(Scene with Thomas, Newt and Frypan.)

Jorge drives up to them and you stand up from your seat and aim your gun at the cranks.

"Get in!" You yell and start shooting the cranks.

They hop in the car and you sit down again.

"Go, Jorge!" You shout.

"Hang on!" He says and kicks the gas.

He drives out of the tunnel and the others get situated in the back with Brenda.

"I'm impressed! You guys almost lasted a whole day." Jorge tells them.

Thomas and Newt get in the seat behind you and Jorge.

"You good?" Thomas asks Newt.

"Yeah."

You lean over from your seat and punch Thomas in the shoulder.

"Ow!" He exclaims.

"That's for lying, you shank." You tell him.

"I'm sorry, okay. I didn't wanna bring you guys into this." Thomas says, glancing at Jorge and Brenda.

"I think what he's trying to say is thank you for saving us." Frypan says.

"You're welcome." Brenda says and Thomas looks at her.

"Hey, don't get your hopes up. That checkpoint back there that was the city's last defence. If that was overrun, chances are the city is, too." Jorge says..

"Yeah, unless they figured out some other way to keep the cranks out." Newt says and you all turn to the side, seeing the city.

Jorge kick the brakes and you all climb out and look at the city. Surrounded by huge walls.

"Funny. Spent three years trapped behind walls, trying to break out and now we wanna break back in." Newt says.

"Yeah, it's hilarious." Frypan says.

"Jorge, how do we get in?" Thomas asks.

"Don't look at me, hermano. Those wall are new. I guess that's WCKD answer for everything."

"Well, we're not gonna figure it out from up here." You say and go back to the car.

"You really think he's in there?" Newt asks coming up beside Thomas who still looks at the city.

"I guess we'll find out."

"You know, she's gonna be there, too." Newt tells him.

...

(Scene with Teresa and Ava.)

...

You walk through the streets between Newt and Frypan. You get bumped into a lot and when Frypan also got bumped into he didn't notice that you got lost in the crowd because he looked to Jorge speaking as he came up to Thomas.

"This place has really gone through hell." Jorge says.

"We just gotta stick together." Thomas says.

He turns around to glance at everyone, counting them all except you.

"Where's Y/N?" He asks and Frypan and Newt frowns looking around them, then in slight panic when they don't find you between them anymore.

You had fallen far behind. Walking through the crowd you stop when you hear a vehicle approaching from behind you step aside when it comes and look up at the people on it. One was holding a speaker as if about to speak.

One figure on the car was leaning on the side looking a bit uninterested as they drove through the crowd. The figure was clearly a strong muscular man you saw, as you studied the masked person while they passed.

The man glanced around in boredom when his eyes land on you. His whole body language changes and he sat up straight. Startling the person beside him, who looks at him confused.

The man keeps staring at you, but you soon disappear in the crowd. He immediately jumps off the car and runs through the crowd to where he saw you.

Not noticing the man had went to look for you, you keep walking around looking for the others.