Chapter 4 - Reunited

"Well that was quite the contrast of greetings."

As the man was looking around for you, you were trying to find Thomas and the others who you had temporarily lost sight of.

"We are the voice of the voiceless." You hear a voice say into speakers in the distance so you walk toward it. "They hide behind the walls, thinking they can keep the cure for themselves while the rest of us wither and rot! But there are more of us than there are of them. And i say.."

Thomas looks at one masked guy stating after him as the car passes them.

"Hey." You say walking up to the others from behind.

"Y/N!" Frypan and Newt sighs in relief.

The man from before is still walking around in the crowd turning people to see their faces as he goes, in hopes to see you. But with no success. He was just about to sigh in defeat at probably having been tired and thought he saw you, when Gally had seen him in the crowd and run up to him.

He grabbed Liams shoulder to get his attention.

"Bro, Thomas is here." He tells him.

Liams heart skipped a beat, because that made the chance of it being you he saw even more likely. He asks Gally where, and follows him.

Liams was almost shaking from anticipation at seeing you again.

He faintly sees Newt from a distance and the back of someone who might be Thomas, when he then sees the back of a familiar head with your hair colour.

The girl beside Newt turns to look at the others beside her and he finally confirms it, even from a distance he recognises you.

He's just about to shout your name when the walls guns turn toward the crowd. His eyes widen in panic and he yells for you.

"Y/N!"

You freeze at the sound, the voice sounding familiar but you weren't sure, it sounded muffled too, turning to the others you see them too concerned about the gun now aiming at them. Maybe you just imagined it. You hear it again, a little bit closer, but now everyone is running away, you're too busy running to see the figure running toward you the opposite way as everyone else.

The others gets separated from you and then something blast right next to you making you get thrown multiple feet away from the force.

"Y/N!" Liam exclaims with wide eyes as he sees you get thrown through the air.

He runs to you and immediately grabs you and throws your limp body over his shoulder as he continues running to safety.

He jumps into the van after Gally had just thrown in Thomas and Brenda. The two look at your limp body in shock when they see you. They move to go to you but the men point their guns at them.

So instead they just watch as the masked stranger who had carried you lays you down in his lap and hold you in a way they did not except.

Liam holds you in his arms, half your body on his lap in the van. He's too busy throwing off his glove and to check for your pulse, he doesn't care to take off his mask. He sighs in immense relief when he finds a heartbeat.

Moving his hand to caress your head, he strokes his thumb over your cheek.

Thomas and Brenda share a confused and uneasy look, not knowing what to think about what's happening in front of them.

...

The van comes to a halt and Liams head snaps up when the doors open. He lifts you back in his arms to carry you.