Chapter 7 - Teresa

"You can't save everyone, Thomas."

Thomas and Gally was back with Teresa and had tied her up. You're staring at Teresa with a blank look as they take off her hood. She looks around.

"Gally?" She then glances around the room and sees Liam. "Liam?" Her eyes widening and she sees you beside him. "I'm so happy for you, Y/N." She tells you, genuinely relieved for you.

"Thanks, Judas." You say. She sighs sadly and look down.

"Here's how this is gonna go." Gally starts. "We're gonna ask you some questions and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple." He takes a chair and set it in from of her sitting down on it. "Where's Minho?"

"You guys don't seriously think.." Teresa looks to Thomas.

"Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you. Now we know you have Minho in the building. Where?" Gally asks.

"He's with the others in holding. Sub level three."

"How many others?" Newt asks her.

"28." She says. Everyone turns to Liam behind you.

"I can't make that work." Liam says.

"No. No, you guys don't understand. The whole levels restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID." Teresa says.

"That's why you're gonna come with us." Thomas says.

"Well, I don't know." Gally says and you frown. "We don't necessarily need her." He stands up and walks back to the table picking up at scalpel. "Right? Not all of her." He says and you gape at him and turn to Liam, who rolls his eyes at Gally.

"Gally." Liam sighs.

"We just need her finger." He says and walks toward Teresa again, but Thomas stops him.

"Gally, back off." Thomas says.

"What are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho."

"That's not the plan. Back off." Thomas says and takes the scalpel away.

"It won't make a difference. Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick up the-"

"We know. We're tagged." Thomas interrupts her. "Property of WCKD." He bends down beside her. "You're gonna help us with that, too."

...

While Teresa removes the others tags out, Thomas stands by the table with the guns and ammo with Brenda a little away from the others.

"You were in love with her, weren't you?" She asks him.

"I don't know."

"Just be careful. You sort of have this problem where you can't walk away from people. Even when you should." She looks up at him, meeting his eyes. "You can't save everyone, Thomas." She tells him.

"I can try." He says.

...

Teresa pick up the scalpel.

"Try to relax. This is gonna sting." She tells Thomas.

"Let's just get it over with." He says and he grunts when she starts cutting.

Over by the table Gally hold up the cloth he dried the blood from his neck with and looks at it.

"She enjoyed that." He says.

"You're probably right." Frypan says beside him.

"Here, see it these fit." Newt comes up to them.

"Thanks, Newt." They says.

You walk up to Jorge and Brenda.

"Better get going you two." You throw Jorge the keys and hug Brenda. "You know it's not like you two to shy away from a fight."

"Well, it's definitely you to go looking for one." Jorge tells you, referring to all of you.

"When it's about our family, then yeah." You reach out and hug Jorge. "Just don't leave us hanging." You tell them.

"Never."

...

Teresa sees Jorge and Brenda leave.

"She's looking good. Healthy. How've you been getting her serum?" She says to Thomas.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas ask.

"Brenda. I'd didn't think she'd still be alive. When was her last treatment?"

"At the Right Arm. The last time we saw you." He tells her.

"But that was months ago." She takes the tag out, he jumps from the sudden pain and turn to her. "Thomas, that's not possible. She should have turned by now. There's no way she could possibly still-"

"Alright, that's enough." Thomas interrupts her and goes away. She stands up and follows him.

"You don't believe me?" She asks and he turns to her.

"Do you really expect me to? You made your choice."

"Everything okay over here?" Gally asks coming up to the two.

"Yeah, we're done." Thomas says and goes.

Teresa tries to sneakily grab the scalpel but Gally stops her.

"Nice try." He says and leads her away.

On the way she grads a cloth with Thomas blood on it.

...

You're all going over the plan one more time.

"And you guys are sure you don't need Liam with you?" You reluctantly ask, even though you want him to stay with you, you wanted to give your family the best chance at getting Minho out and for them all to survive. "I'm pretty sure I can handle the bus with the kids on my own, if necessary."

"No, we're good like this, too many would only make it suspicious. You two stay together." Newt says and winks at you.

You look at the others, them all giving you reassuring nods in agreement.

"Good." Liam says and cocks his gun ready, then looking at you. "Because I'm not letting you out of my sight." He says and you smile.