Chapter 8 - Teresa

"Girls are awesome."

(Scene with Minho and Thomas in the map room. Don't need Y/N to be there but she knows about it, Liam too. If I write this part later I might add her into it.)

...

(Scene with Teresa and the boys.)

Chuck, Liam and you just look in amusement from a distance.

Thomas and Minho come running up to the three of you.

"What's going on?" Thomas asks.

"Girls are awesome." Chuck laughs and you chuckle at his statement, agreeing.

Thomas runs over there.

Chuck was laughing the whole time, while you and Liam just stood there with an amused smile on your face. Chuckling when Gally was hit.

...

(Scene with Teresa and Thomas.)

...

You walk up behind Liam sitting on a the bed beside Alby, looking thoughtful.

Coming up behind him you put your hands on his shoulders you start rubbing them. He sighs and leans his head back into your stomach, eyes closed.

"What's on your mind?" You asks softly, sensing it's not just about worry for Alby. He sighs again before speaking.

"Gally." He answers. "He's talking to people. Trying to convince them to get on his side or whatever. I wish I could just help him see the bigger picture. I'm not good at this, this is why I never wanted to be in charge. I'm not a leader. I don't want to be one." He says.

"I know." You soothe him. "But, you're doing great. Alby wanted you to step up in his place for a reason. Gally is just interfering and being stubborn."

"I don't know what's up with him." Liam mumbles.

"Gally is just scared, he doesn't want to things to change. He thinks we're safe here, because we've made it somewhat a home. But it's really not, we're trapped here, someone put us here and we need to get out. But he doesn't understand that, so he's trying to take charge when he's not ready." You tell him.

"Like I'm trying to be something I'm not, by leading them?" He asks.

"No, because you, are ready for the exact reason that makes you think you're not. Gally is not ready, because he's only thinking that what he thinks is right is right and to hell with everything else." You say. "You're open for other's opinions and you're open for change and to see things in a new perspective."

You lean down to his head giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"You're a protector, Liam, taking on the responsibility as leader when you know you're not capable of doing it alone. Leadership is not about driving solo. It's about delegating and staying open for change."

He stares up at you for a moment.

"I love you." He tells you.

You chuckle.

"I know. I love you too."

(I just wrote this fast. Have to read through it later probably, to see if it makes any sense. I wanted them to have a deep conversation but I'm too tired to think, so i hope this is okay for now. Will check it later, when I have time and energy.)

...

"We don't even know what this stuff is." Liam says holding up the syringe Thomas and Teresa came with. "We don't know who sent it or why it came up here with you." He says looking at Teresa.

He then turns to you, sitting beside Alby, looking at him in thought.

"I mean, for all we know, this thing could kill him."

"He's already dying. Look at him." Thomas says and Liam does, looking down at his best and oldest friend. "How could this possibly make it any worse."

Alby was in a bad state. You look tearfully up at Liam from your seat beside Alby, you were trying to comfort him with a hand on his head stroking it.

"Maybe it's worth a try?" You whisper up as Liam looks at you and Alby.

"Come on, it is." Thomas urges. Liam takes a deep breath looking at Alby.

"Alright." He says and hands out the syringe to Thomas. "Do it." He tells him.

Thomas takes the syringe and goes to Albys other side. When he's about to do it, Alby looks up at him, startling him.

"You shouldn't be here. You shouldn't be here." Alby grabs Thomas and Liam runs to his side while you grab Teresa to make her step back.

Liam and Thomas struggle to keep Alby still so you go to help.

"Get the syringe!" Thomas exclaims. Teresa takes it and you move out of the way as she stabs him with it.

Alby goes silent and lay still.

"Well, that worked." You say.

"Okay, from now on, someone stays here and watches him around the clock." Liam says and you nod.

Gally shows up by the entrance.

"Hey. Sundown, Greenie. Time to go." He tells Thomas.

...

(Scene with Thomas and Gally.)

...

(Scene with Thomas and Chuck.)