Chapter 10

"Where are we?"
-

"Hey, Liam." Alby says from beside him. Liam looks at him. "When are you gonna tell her how you feel?"

"What?" Liam asks and Alby rolls his eyes. Liam sighs and look back toward you standing on the other side of the Glade, where he had been staring.

"It's getting old. The yearning looks and arguing like an old married couple, then blushing like crazy when you touch. Just tell her man."

"I don't know, Alby." Liam sighs.

"Come on."

...

"Hey." He hears you whisper, he turns his head and see you come up beside his hammock at a particularly loud Griever night.

He had just been staring up at the shelter roof trying to think of anything else. And the one thing that came to mind and stayed there was you.

"Hey?" Liam asks confused, sitting up in the hammock. But you raise your arms and make him lay back down.

"There's not a lot of boys sleeping, so I was thinking maybe I could try singing? Alby said it was okay. But I wanted to ask everyone." You tell him.

"Uh, yeah, sure." He nods and watch as you smile that sweet smile and walk back to your hammock.

You start singing softly his eyebrows raise at the sound. It was beautiful and soft and soothing, like you had sung someone to bed before.

...

"No, no, no." You mumble, holding him in your arms. "Liam! Stay with me!"

"Y/N." He says weakly, then his eyes close involuntarily.

"Liam? Come on, Liam, wake up! Liam!" You yell at him while trying to shake him awake. "Liam! No!" You exclaim when someone grasps you and rip you away from him.

...

Outside Last City in Lawrence's place.

"Y/N!" Liam gasps exclaiming your name as he startles awake, sitting up.

He looks around frantically, frowning he blinks rapidly to clear his blurry vision. But he groans and hold his chest, then looking down he finds himself bandaged.

"Whoa, take it easy!" A familiar voice says pulling him to lay back down. "You need to stay down a while. Believe it or not, you got it worse than me. You've been out for a while."

Squinting his eyes and blinking rapidly he gets his vision cleared.

"Gally?" He asks looking up at the said boy.

"Hey, bro." He gives him a small smile.

Liam then punch him in the jaw. Gally groans, falling backwards on the floor. He rubs his jaw sitting back up from the spot he had landed.

"Where am I?" Liam asks looking around the room.

"Uh, yeah, so we're not exactly in the Maze anymore." Gally tells him, pulling himself off the ground.

"Y/N. Where is she?" He asks grabbing and fisting Gally's shirt, who winces and looks down apologetically.

"I'm sorry, man." He just says.

-