Chapter 7 - Dead Griever

"What is this with you, huh? A death wish?"

You walk in after Liam and Thomas, looking at Alby when you hear him coughing. You go to him for a second to see how he's doing.

"Jeff. What's going on?" Liam asks Jeff when he comes up to him and where the girl lays.

"What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?" Newt asks having walked in beside him.

"Hey, I got my job the same way you did?" Jeff shrugs to Newt.

"Well, do you recognise her?" Liam asks Thomas.

"No." He answer and Liam looks at him unconvinced.

"Really? Because she seemed to recognise you." He tells him.

"What about the note?" Thomas asks turning to Newt.

"We'll worry about the note later." Newt says.

"I think you should worry about it now." Thomas says turning to Liam.

"We got enough to deal with at the moment." Newt says.

"He's right, Liam." Jeff then says. "If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last?"

"No one said that." Newt says.

You glance at your boyfriend, who's been quiet.

"Let's not jump to any conclusions. We'll just have to wait until she wakes up and see what she knows." Liam then says. "Somebody's gotta have some answers around here."

"Okay." Thomas then says.

"Where are you going?" Newt asks him.

"Back into the Maze." He answers.

You and Liam look at each other before moving to follow him. Minho and Newt too.

"Hey, Thomas." Liam catch up and stop Thomas, you with him. "What is this with you, huh? A death wish?" He asks him.

"We just got out, and now you want back in?" You asks him.

Minho comes up to the three of you.

"Newt said that no one's ever seen a Griever and lived to tell about it, right?" Thomas asks you then turn to Liam. "Liam, now we have one. You're telling me, you're not even a little bit curious?" He asks the two of you and then Minho.

"Not really, no." Minho tells him. But you and Liam share a look, you were curious.

Thomas goes to move, but Liam stops him again.

"So, what's the plan?" You ask with a small smile. Thomas looks between you and Liam, seeing that you're with him on this.

"What? You gonna go out there and dissect that thing?" Minho then asks looking at the three of you.

"If I have to." Thomas tells him. "Have the other Runners left yet?" Thomas asks Minho.

"The other Runners quit this morning. It's just me and Y/N." He answers.

You sigh.

"After Alby got stung they're not in any hurry to get back out there." You tell him.

"Why are you?" Minho then asks Thomas.

"I think it's time to find out what we're really up against." He tells Minho.

Minho turns to you and Liam, both of you giving him a nod, telling him you agree with Thomas.

"Alright, but you're not going out there alone." Minho says. "Meet us in the woods in half an hour."

...