Chapter 5 - Liam

"I watched you die."

After he gets the person closest to what can be called a doctor they have, to look at you, he tells him you're just knocked out good, and will wake up soon.

He sits with you, holding your hand and staring at you. He had longed to see you for so many months now. He wasn't sure if you were alive, he hoped but everyone tried to convince him otherwise. Feeling worried and anxious about not knowing what had happened to you.

He just sits there staring at you for what feels like hours, but is only just minutes when your eyes starts to flutter open. His heart starts beating faster as he finally, after so long, gets to look into your beautiful eyes.

You blink rapidly and groan slightly as you start to come too. When you finally get a clear vision your met with what's clearly a dream.

You smile softly up at him, relieved you get to see him in your dreams again.

Liam chuckles breathlessly as he let out a soft sob. You frown.

"What's wrong?" You ask him and reach your hand up to wipe his escaping tear.

You find yourself staring at the water from the tear on your finger. You reach out to caress his cheek again, he leans into your touch.

You liked this dream, it felt so real.

"I've just missed you, so much." He tells you.

"I miss you too." You tell him. "I think about you all the time. You're with me, I know you are." You say and he frowns.

"Y/n, I'm here." He says.

"I know, that's why I love sleep. I get to see you again." You smile lovingly up at him.

"No, Y/n, I'm really here." He tells you and takes your head in his hands. "I'm real."

You stare at him, before frowning. Blinking rapidly again you sit up slowly, making him have to lean back and let your head go.

He just sits there looking at you anxiously, waiting for your reaction.

Staring at him you slowly pinch yourself. Still, you're here, with him.

Looking around the room you're met with an unfamiliar room. With wide eyes you slowly tear your gaze back to him.

Liam. Alive? In front of you. Right now.

You frantically grab his hands and squeeze them, then moving upwards toward his face. Grabbing it, you crash your lips to his.

His eyes widen in surprise at first but soon they close and his lips move against yours. Just like they used to. It felt familiar and right.

You gasp into the kiss and pull away staring at him.

He smiles at you and you start crying. He immediately envelops you in a loving and comforting embrace.

"But you.. You were.. What?.. How.. I thought.." You only stutter so you just exhale in frustration, making him chuckle softly and caress your cheek lovingly. Stroking away the tears streaming down your face. "I watched you die." You sob.

"I know, I'm sorry you had to experience that. But I didn't die, I'm here, alive." He says and you sob uncontrollably.

"But then.. I left you. Oh, god, I left you behind. I left you to die!" You cry.

"No, no, baby. No, you didn't. I saw them drag you away. You didn't want to leave, i never blamed you." He reassures you and you sob.

After having calmed down, you take a few deep breaths before speaking again.