Chapter 6 - Markus

"Who's Liam?"

You had followed Jorge with everyone else. You were all worried about Thomas, but Jorge said Brenda must've gotten him out and would bring him to Markus. But you could tell he was worried about her.

When you arrived they offered you a drink but Jorge talked to them, eventually they let you in without having to drink. But when you were about to follow you grabbed the flask from the person who was holding it to you.

You take the flask and down it, not caring what it is, just needing something to drink for your dry throat. Newt turns and see you.

"Y/N, don't." Newt exclaim, when you cough violently at the burning in your throat.

He tries to hold your hand as you move through the crowd but you get bumped into a lot and he manages to loose his grip on you. He frantically looks around for you.

You stumble around in the crowd, feeling dizzy and tired. Suddenly you see the back of a familiar figure in the distance. You walk closer to him to see why he looks familiar. The guy turns around when you approach.

"Liam?" You ask.

"Hey, baby." Liams smiles and reaches his hand out to you, waving for you to come closer.

You walk toward him. You reach him and he smiles lovingly down at you before leaning down and kissing your lips. You immediately kiss him back, but it doesn't feel right so you frown and pull away.

When you open your eyes you're met with a stranger grinning smugly down at you his. You scream and push him away. Landing on the floor yourself.

Stumbling you manage to stand back up. Turning around you're met with Liam again but now looking like the way he looked the least time you saw him, dying in your arms.

"Why did you leave me!?" He shouts angrily.

You jump back a bit at the sudden exclamation from him, stumbling into someone you turn to them to find Liam as a crank.

He snarls at you and screech, lunging for you.

Screaming you run away, only to fall on to the ground again, but this time not being able to get back up, as darkness takes over your vision. Last thing you see is two blurry figures running toward you and kneeling down to you.

...

(Scene with Thomas and Brenda.)

...

(Scene with Thomas waking up and Jorge with Markus.)

Jorge walked over to Newt sitting beside you, where you were sleeping on the couch.

"Who's Liam?" He asks, looking down at you as you shuffle in your sleep, mumbling Liams name.

Newt sighs sadly.

"Liam was her boyfriend. They were together for three years, before he died just before we got out of the Maze." Newt tells him, stroking your hair to try and soothe your sleep.

"You guys all seem to care a lot about her."

"Yeah, she's our sister." Newt says. Aris was watching you from a distance too, feeling uneasy and worried about you, frowning at himself for feeling so much care for someone he barely knows.

"Her and Liam always did everything they could to protect us and make sure we were as happy as we could be under the circumstances." Minho says moving to sit beside your feet, Frypan coming closer too.

"They did so much for us. And they had each other to get through everything. Now, we're just trying to be there for our sister and to keep our promise to Liam."

"Well, she's lucky to have you." Jorge tells them.

...

"Liam, can you help me out with this?" You asks him and he looks up seeing you on a ladder as you try to fix something on the side of the roof to the shelter.

"Be careful, Y/N." He was just about to reach you when you stumble a bit and fall down the ladder.

"Whoa!" You exclaim, suddenly you're caught in someone's strong arms and you look up at Liam.

"I got you." He tells you.

...

"Sleep well." He says as you feel him snuggle closer into you from behind, in your shared hammock.

"I always do when I'm with you." You tell him.

Then suddenly you feel cold, you turn to find no one, you just lay alone, shivering.

...

You were dancing with Liam by the bonfire, Frypan playing music and some of the boys around playfully dancing with each other laughing.

You sway with him, with your head leaning on his chest and his chin down on your head.

"How could you just leave me like that?" He asks you. You frown and turn your head and you're met with blood staining his shirt.

He falls to his knees and you yell for Jeff to come help. But looking around you see everyone just completely oblivious to what's happening. You scream at them to help, but they ignore you.

"Liam hold on, alright? Stay with me, you hear me!" You tell him but his eyes closes. "No, no! Liam you shank, wake up! Wake up, Liam! Liam!"

"Liam!" You scream as you wake up.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay." Newt tells you holding your shoulder to make you lay back down.

The others had whipped their head to you at the exclamation in worry, seeing you breathe heavily and sweating.

"Hey, here." Minho says, coming up to you with water.

You take it hesitantly but he puts it in your hand and helps you pull it up to your mouth to make sure you drink it. You swallow and pant slightly after, wiping your mouth. You shakily stand up and tell Newt and Minho, who was reaching for you, that you were okay.

You follow them out to a car they kept calling Bertha.

Frypan makes you lay down to sleep some more in the car as you drive, but you just stare up at the ceiling from his lap. Not being able to sleep, you could see Liam again in your dreams but they always ended badly and woke you up more exhausted than you were to begin with.

Frypan was trying to soothe you by stroking your head, and it helped a little so you managed to at least relax in the car, but didn't sleep.